Is this a good idea?
Yes
 100%  [ 9 ]
No
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Recently, my PM inbox has been getting extremely cluttered and full.

The vast majority of these PMs are things I would prefer to keep, because they have importance to one of my various projects, they are conversations about topics I would like to keep a record of, etc.

Instead of me going through all of my PM's and manually copying the text into a document, it would be nice if you could download all of your PM's in a specific folder so you could save the record and free up space both in the Cemetech database and your own PM inbox.

Sometimes I will send PM's to myself to preserve drafts of posts I will make, but do not have the time to post at that time. For one of the PotM's I did recently, I needed the BBcode off of my PM because it was time to post it. Unfortunately, I had deleted the incoming PM (not the outgoing one) because I needed space, and Kerm had to go into the database to retrieve the BBCode of the PM.

If you were able to download the PM's you sent/received, he would not have had to do that. I could have downloaded the PM's I had sent, found that particular PM and copied the code.

I think PM's should be downloadable as BBCode plain text and/or just plain text stripped of the actual tags.

As a somewhat unrelated suggestion, I think that you should be able to quote PM's you sent, because it just makes sense.
One thing I didn't see you mention, is the save box. If you select the PM's you want to keep and scroll down, you can hit the save button to save them into this save box. Then you can delete the rest of the messages still in your inbox that you don't want to keep.

However this has some of the same issues, as you can only save a limited amount of PM's.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours