Does this error message need improvement?
Yes!
 37%  [ 3 ]
No.
 62%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

There are countless comments on videos, and posts on the forum asking what does need libload mean? To clarify the error message and hopefully reduce the amount of these questions, I'd like to petition to change the error message to something like.

Quote:
Error: libload missing
Download it here:
Https://Tiny.cc/clibs

More info here:
<link to topic that explains libload and the C libraries.>

Unfortunately I assume that each C program currently in the Archives would need to be recompiled and reupload and I know a lot of authors aren't going to do that. However, if the message changes now, then it's still easier to swap now than to wait. Smile
I think it should list the missing libraries, so I don't install libload, then keypadc, then graphx or whatnot. It's good except for that already. It already shows the website.
You have a good point, yes it gives you a link, but it doesn't tell you what the link is for.
This is a comment I've encountered
Quote:
my calc said need libload and gave a link what do I do?
(I proceeded to roll my eyes and tell them to follow the link)
I really think that adding the text "download it here" would really clarify things.
I don't think it is worth it. If someone can't figure out how to follow a link; that's not my problem Razz
0x5, fine I see your point.
Just wondering though, even if you did want to add it, how difficult would it be?
jcgter777 wrote:
I think it should list the missing libraries, so I don't install libload, then keypadc, then graphx or whatnot. It's good except for that already. It already shows the website.

I think that is a bad idea only because the user could have mixed libraries and that would cause way more problems. The message should say 'Please Reinstall C Libraries' with the link IF any changes need to occur. I do agree with Mateo, that people should follow directions and follow the link. There are directions there on how to install. Furthermore, most documentation for these programs have instructions on the C libraries. So in short, I think there should be no change and if there is, it should be 'Please Reinstall C Libraries' with the link.

But thats just my 2 cents Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours