The GUI of Archive Undelete is bland, boring text. It looks like it was written in BASIC. Laughing
I'd like it to have some of the Cesium GUI flare. It needs to have color! Smaller font! Boxes!
Right now it's kind of plain, so I'd probably want it to look more like an ASM program, and maybe use Cesium format and add it as a built in feature. I wasn't talking about Cesium, if that's what you were thinking.

coolcrab wrote:

I know that I haven’t yet brought this up publicly, but, issue 17 (I’m pretty sure it is) allows the Cesium password feature to be bypassed, as would a reset of your calculator or a simple plugging your calculator into a power outlet.

No offense meant, but saying: “this issue is too complex to solve” and then closing the issue (#17) is not the best way to prevent bugs from causing
1. Loss of data
2. An annoying situation where I have to re-enable lowercase letters
3. Or a situation where the calculator freezes (ICE issue) and then see 1 and 2.

You should be nicer to the awesome Mateo Razz Wink He made Cesium, and he gets to do whatever he wants with it. If he made it so that the password could not be bypassed, I'd be screwed. I've been locked out because either I forgot my password, there was a bug (fixed already), or someone else changed my password, so I couldn't get in. The only solution was to plug it in to the computer and use TI-Connect CE and fix it. If the password was forgotten and you couldn't bypass, you'd also lose your data, and do all the stuff you mentioned, other than the ICE one.
lol, TLM: ^^
jcgter: I have used that exploit to unlock my calc; everyone now: so theoretically, the less peeps that know, the better for us nerds Razz (literally did that in the middle of chem...)
I mean people want the password because people mess with their calculators. I don't think they would know about the TI-Connect CE "hack" so that's good. People want to play games on my calculator, and they're afraid to reset it (even though almost nothing is in RAM Razz) because they wouldn't be able to play. It's amazing how many people don't take the time to look up how to transfer files to their calculator. People (many of them, actually) have paid me (REAL MONEY) to get them games and stuff. (Youtube is a thing, people)

Back to Cesium. I did have some suggestions for the GUI, but they've already been posted in a previous post, and a whole compiled list of other suggestions/feature requests.
Bug report:Whenever i have cesnium installed and i run an un archived program it resets ram...
Jcsq6 wrote:
Bug report:Whenever i have cesnium installed and i run an un archived program it resets ram...

That's nice
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Jcsq6 wrote:

That's nice

Mwahahahahaha.

Just Joking

That's not a problem for *most* of us. Read the ReadMe, do stuff it says to do, then come back. Okey dokey?
Cesium was rewritten in fasmg. It supports more features now and should be more stable. Let me know of any bugs before I upload here Smile

https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/cesium/releases/latest

Enjoy!
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Cesium was rewritten in fasmg.
How challenging was the process of rewriting it for fasmg? I suspect a quick little guide for those used to the previous assembler would not be unwelcome.
KermMartian wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Cesium was rewritten in fasmg.
How challenging was the process of rewriting it for fasmg? I suspect a quick little guide for those used to the previous assembler would not be unwelcome.

It really just follows the same syntax, so not much difference there. When I say rewritten I basically rewrote Cesium from scratch. Fasmg is nice because it allows you to have scoped named labels and super powerful macros for making things easy. But other than that, there's not too much difference.

For example, this macro was rather handy as it copies a relocated block and jumps right to it, without the need for extra typing: https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/cesium/blob/master/src/exit.asm#L5

EDIT: Updated Cesium with the new feature requests: https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/cesium/releases/latest

EDIT2: You can now make icons just have a description for both C and assembly programs by using the byte '2' rather than '1' as a signature mark.

Future features include support for basic icons with full access to the Cesium palette.
First off, I want to say thank you for making such a great shell. Smile Secondly, would it be possible to make it so that Cesium launches on startup? my thumb gets sooooo tired pressing on+prgm!
The OS does not provide any mechanism to allow that, sorry Sad
This problem I had before is still a problem:

john35588 wrote:
Whenever I run a program (especially calcuzap), with Cesium, the calculator screen dims, or turns off during the game, then when you push "ON", it returns to the game.

It started back up again when installed the new version of Cesium, but now, it is worse. Instead of returning to the game, it now splits the screen into four sections, and displays the game I was playing in each section, and no keys respond, requiring a ram reset.
I have updated the C libraries, and re-installed Cesium, when I run a program without using Cesium, it doesn't happen.
I have tried to get a screenshot, but it doesn't work on CEmu.
This has to do with the OS not recognizing keypresses and enabling the APD (its an odd bug). This is an easy fix (by Mateo) I stand corrected. I have the same issue as well.

Huh. I reinstalled my OS and it did nothing.
It is not an "easy fix". It's also not Cesium's fault.
I just reinstalled the OS, and that seemed to fix it, but I don't know if it will stay fixed.
I saw you released Cesium 3.0.3 on Github so I decided to try it out. Everything installed perfectly and the APD issue appears to be fixed! But now I have an issue with Krypton IDE not being opened when I try to edit a program. I already made an issue on Github but I wanted to relay it here to see if anyone else has this problem.
You have to set the editor.

Press [trace], then input KEDIT to select that as the default editor. To change back, just press [trace] and type PRGMEDIT. It does not matter, just type a nonexistent program name.
Wow, another case of me not re-reading the updated ReadMe. Rolling Eyes
I would love to see the folder function in Cesium.
Also love the update you are making to the GUI.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 18 of 24
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours