Are you ready to play?
Yes!
 21%  [ 4 ]
Yes but more enthusiastic than those who simply voted "Yes!"
 78%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 19

It's time! It has been for quite a while too.

We held off on 1.13.0 because of the initial bugs and used this time to expand Spawn and refine it. I'd be lying if we did not get more ambitious with the additional time. Later today 1.12 will finally go offline and in its place 1.13.1 will go up with a whitelist. During this time Server Mods & Admins will be online making sure everything is running smoothly and adding the last few plugins which we didn't want to add on the test server. Shortly after 1.13 goes live for everyone, the Cemetech Minecraft 1.12 sub-forum will be locked.

There are some changes:
  • No more towny!
  • Minecraft will be linked to Discord instead of IRC
    • But don't worry, the IRC<->Discord bridge will still be around.
  • The End is not disabled off the bat!
  • Custom Currency!
  • Shake up to the staff structure
  • Plugins have been streamlined
  • New Spawn Shop Implementation

So, you may be asking. What are these changes?

No towny is pretty simple. Towny was the cause of quite a few server issues under 1.9 through 1.12 and with a properly regulated server, build protection is moot. We should be doing or best to approve players who are eager to abide by the rules and join.

That brings us into the introduction of new Staff ranks. We have "Helper" who can approve new members. We know there was an issue where new members would join and there were no staff online to promote them. This time around, there's a rank just for that. We'll be giving this out to active members who are online. This rank however, does not grant members the ability demote players back to guests. The "Moderator" rank allows members to investigate thefts and damage done to the environment, and can teleport to players to quickly investigate. Additionally, we have "Super Moderators" have the ability to fix issues and teleport players to them. Lastly, we have Admins, who have access to everything else.

If you'd like to join the Cemetech Minecraft Discord, please join the Minecraft server first and ask for an invite link. I'll be working on bringing another bot into the server to help plan events and mini-games such as:
  • PvP Star Trek
  • Abba Caving Matches
  • Other player hosted events
I currently have this bot picked out, just working with my friend and developer to get a copy hosted on my hardware for us to use.

Other plugins we've removed are EggCatcher, SignShops, and a slew of others.

So, buying things have changed. You can now buy directly from villagers in Spawn! Head up to the third floor where the villagers are. You'll need something called a gem, and you can obtain gems be selling basic materials to a villager.

As before, we are a Survival PvE server and looting, non-consensual PvP, and other PvP behavior is not tolerated and you will be banned for it.
The whole CemetechMC is excited for everyone to see what we have in store for you all. There have been teaser pictures on the Discord, plus I know tifreak8x and Kerm have both posted build videos working on the new Spawn.

I would like to highlight some details to add on to what Comic has mentioned. With the staff changes, I will be joining Comic and Kerm as a member of the Admin Team for the Minecraft Server. In addition, we would like to congratulate and welcome Turquoise Dragon as well. He will become the first member of the Helper rank on the server.

Additionally, to help with server maintenance, we have cleaned up a purged the old membership buildlist. This will allow us to help start with a clean slate. If you are an active part of the 1.12 server, we will be working to make sure you get added when you join the 1.13 server.

The final note I would like to make with this post is regarding the End. While the End is not closed, you will not find a portal in spawn to get you their either. We want to encourage players to build and explore, and as such, we will need to work together to locate a stronghold on the map and makes sure its portal is ready for use. We will make sure that at least one is available in the world border area.
We're almost ready. Expect a proper announcement tomorrow or Monday. We just need to test if the restart script works and make sure the abba plugin, and others, will continue to work.

Meanwhile, some updates as we learn about what the Discord linker can do!
We can use it to promote people without being in-game. This is huge! A key issue before was that visitors would join, and Mods like LittleMoonBeam would question these users from IRC but Moon wasn't always able to hop on. Now, with the Discord bot, we can promote Visitors to Members. This ability is currently limited to Rivereye, KermMartian, and Myself as we look at ways to extend this ability to other ranks.

You can link your Discord account to your Minecraft UUID/User. I don't know exactly what function this serves yet, but I imagine there's some really cool things that can be done. There are other plugins that link-in with this Discord plugin to increase functionality, so I imagine that's what it's for.

There's now a quicker way to created canned responses. Such as getting a link to the !map, and rules for things like !abba.

The Discord channel for Minecraft will tell you the TPS, number of players online, and if the server is online as well as for how long.

Per usual, you can still talk to Minecraft through IRC. On either end, you can call the current player list using !list.
I think being able to link your minecraft account to your cemetech acount would provide even more possibilities Wink
Good news! The server is now soft launched. Please take this time to explore spawn. Later in the week we'll lift the permissions and everyone can explore the world and create homes <3

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours