45%  [ 5 ]
Well, things could be better..
 9%  [ 1 ]
Who plays Minecraft?
 27%  [ 3 ]
Comic is best admin.
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

So everyone, it's been a little over 2 weeks since the server launched, and we'd love to hear some feedback on how things have been going for you so far! We know some have been a little disappointed at the loss of certain plugins, but we hope you are able to find ways around that to build cooler builds. And we'd love to know what you think of spawn, as our members spent quite a bit of time making it the best looking we could pull off.

Thank you to those that have returned to join us in the adventures of 1.13, and we look forward to being able to use your feedback to make the server better for you in the future!
tifreak8x wrote:
So everyone, it's been a little over 2 weeks since the server launched, and we'd love to hear some feedback on how things have been going for you so far! We know some have been a little disappointed at the loss of certain plugins, but we hope you are able to find ways around that to build cooler builds. And we'd love to know what you think of spawn, as our members spent quite a bit of time making it the best looking we could pull off.

Thank you to those that have returned to join us in the adventures of 1.13, and we look forward to being able to use your feedback to make the server better for you in the future!

I just wish I joined earlier, and had more experience playing on Normal, to avoid dying unnecessarily.
I'm used to playing on peaceful Razz
lmao
I would love to play but it seems like the server does not work with Windows 10 versions, only the Java version seems to work better.
I think the fact that the server is regularly seeing 5-10 players online is a good sign that it's being well-received!

Some minor suggestions:
  • Have the MotD show event announcements. People are prone to ignoring the MotD, so consider helping it stand out by adding a blank line before and after the announcement, along with a differently-colored last-updated date line so people can tell at a glance whether it's changed.
  • Have nether portals in the resource world link back to the normal nether. This would allow mobs in the resource world to be, well, also captured and returned to the main world as a resource.
  • When 1.14 comes out, check if the current map would include a pillager outpost if it had been generated in 1.14; if so, use WorldEdit or something to import it into the map.
Another thing is that at the moment, I don't want to buy Cemetech Gems until I want to buy something else from the villagers in spawn. My problem is that it costs more gems to buy resources back than what I sold them for, so it doesn't make much sense for people to use them as currency. If you want to trade with another player, it doesn't make sense to ask for Cemetech Gems; you're better off trading directly for diamonds or iron than Cemetech Gems, because you lose on the conversion from resources to Gems back to resources.

Alvajoy123 wrote:
I would love to play but it seems like the server does not work with Windows 10 versions, only the Java version seems to work better.
The Windows 10 edition is a Bedrock edition. The Java and Bedrock editions of Minecraft use completely different code bases and are incompatible. Cemetech is unlikely to host a Bedrock server in the foreseeable future due to a lack of a comprehensive mod API. (Code injection is far easier with Java than Bedrock's C++.) Both the abba world (Multiverse) and spawn build protections rely on mods.
I'm enjoying the vibe of everything so far. Spawn looks great, although I do share DrDnar's sentiment regarding the Cemetech Gems. I like the idea of them, but I think it would be better if the buy/sell prices were equal to make them an easier server-wide currency.

Will the outer End islands be reset at some point? I have plenty of shulker boxes for the time being, and I was lucky enough to get my hands on an elytra so once I get mending on it, getting more shulker boxes shouldn't be too painful - but for those that are yet to find an elytra, it's going to become quite a mission.

Aside from that, I second DrDnar's suggestions re linking the resource world back to the main world via the Nether for carting mobs back, and the 1.14 pillager outpost.
I've posed the question to the other admins, tentatively, if you say tame a cat in abba, since we don't currently have a jungle biome available, those cats will be respawned at your base. They will be different, because they can't be teleported, but at least you'll have your cats.

I agree to the gems bit, it's just a different way to get things that aren't easily gotten otherwise from the villagers, they aren't technically meant as a currency between players. Barter trade is definitely the way forward, and setting up shops where a player puts in the amount of diamonds per items will also be something to look into, so you can make your sales even while offline. (Think hermitcraft)

JamesV: At the end of the month, usually the last weekend of, pending if I have the time, I'll start up an endless map, either nether or end, and players can go wreak havoc on it. Usually would start on a Friday at night (say 9pm EST) and end on a Sunday, also at 9PM EST. This will also be where we host our mansion raids, which also needs to become a thing once again.

Also, would you guys be up for my custom mansion/halloween map I made for the last map? I need to run some final tests to make sure it will work properly, but I think it's about ready.
I'd really like some plugin like this that allows trading, if we aren't going to have some form of numerical cash.

I love what's happening so far, it's loads of fun!
I've been enjoying playing on the server so far. I've found a really nice spot on this map, and 1.13's ocean mechanics are fun to mess around with.

I'm a bit concerned by the amount of lag on the server - people don't have much built yet and the TPS is frequently below 20. Perhaps you could use a java profiler to find which plugins are causing it?

I don't really see a purpose to the Cemetech Gems. They are too valuable to make small transactions in - on the last server, lapis ore was worth 100 denarii, and the ore spawning rates were increased in the ABBA world. Many shops sold stacks of items for significantly less than that amount, so in order for a transaction to equal a whole number value of cemetech gems would require the buyer to buy many stacks of items. Because of this, players have mostly been using a barter system to exchange goods. The gems are also tradeable for non-renewable items at spawn, but this is also somewhat irrelevant because the gems themselves are non-renewable - you could just get the non-renewable items you would be trading for from the ABBA rather than getting ores from the ABBA and then trading them later.

EDIT type thing because I got ~ninja'd: Why use a plugin when we could have players come up with a redstone solution for shops? It could pose a fun challenge.

I feel that the map size is too restrictive - there's no way to get mobs like mooshrooms or cats. Allowing portals to be used like Dnar suggested would allow these mobs to enter the main world, but it wouldn't allow players to build farms for these kinds of mobs.

EDIT type thing because I got ~ninja'd: It should be possible to use multiverse to link two overworlds to one nether - if not, you could always leave a portal back to the main world at the spawn of the abba.

Kerm also seemed interested in this plugin, which causes minecarts to act like trains. It would be cool if we added that.

A few more minor suggestions for data pack recipes which don't deserve their own posts: Maybe shulkers could respawn over time, the dragon could drop elytra and dragon eggs (which no longer break bedrock in 1.13), husks could drop sand, sand could be dyed red with red dye and red dye could be made into normal sand with yellow dye, turtles could drop gravel, drowneds could drop clay, obsidian which smelts while there is a empty bucket in the fuel slot produces smooth stone and fills the bucket with lava, cobwebs could be rarely dropped by spiders, and two sand plus two coal and two soul sand makes four soul sand.
commandblockguy wrote:
I don't really see a purpose to the Cemetech Gems. They are too valuable to make small transactions in

Agreed, but you easily get at least half a stack of gems from a short mining session. I'd personally equate about 6 gems to 100 denarii, and that's about the exchange rate I've been using. (not really doing the math, but it makes sense in theory.)

commandblockguy wrote:
Why use a plugin when we could have players come up with a redstone solution for shops? It could pose a fun challenge.

What's the point of coming up with one when you can use one of the many pre-existing designs?

There's also a trust thing- how do I know if he's out? Does his shop protect against that? How do I know what I'm getting is actually what I'm getting?

Redstone solutions opposed to plugin solutions for bartering, specifically, completely defeat my point- going to some far-out location just to figure out how some guys needlessly complicated shop works takes even more time out of my project than just warping to spawn (which has an absurd 10 second cooldown- I'd like that to be lowered to something closer to 5 seconds).

Then again, you can't do volume and automation. The guy still has to be online for a /trade deal.

I'd much rather have both than one alone.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours