Is it possible to scale the size of each tile or the entire tile map when you draw it?
I would want this tile map (CEmu screenshot)

To look like this (Edited Image)

and after a lot reading all posts with the word "tile" in the main post, three different wikis/documentations, and seeing all tilemap related commands in the command documentation I decided I would just ask here. I tried scaling up the textures but that increased the size by about 10 times, which isn't worth it because I'm not even using the extra resolution I get by scaling up the tileset.
From what I've seen I don't think this is possible without changing the texture size, but maybe there is and I just can't find it.
If this is possible, how can I accomplish this?
I don't know ICE, so I'm not familiar with its graphics routines. I know how I'd do it in assembly, but it'd probably be poorly optimized by the compiler to do it in ICE Sad Basically, loop through the graphics buffer pixel-by-pixel and map the coordinates to a specific tile and coordinates within a tile. Read that pixel data and plot it to the screen. At work, so I can't go into detail atm, but the slow way uses division, the fast way uses rational representation, and either way is complicated to code.
Xeda112358 wrote:
I don't know ICE, so I'm not familiar with its graphics routines. I know how I'd do it in assembly, but it'd probably be poorly optimized by the compiler to do it in ICE Sad Basically, loop through the graphics buffer pixel-by-pixel and map the coordinates to a specific tile and coordinates within a tile. Read that pixel data and plot it to the screen. At work, so I can't go into detail atm, but the slow way uses division, the fast way uses rational representation, and either way is complicated to code.

I can understand what you're explaining, I'm currently learning z80 assembly (I don't know too much yet) here http://media.taricorp.net/83pa28d/lesson/toc.html but in the mean time I'm using ICE for fun.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours