I would personally love it if jsTified could support the TI-85 and other calcs it currently doesn't support. I just wanted to put this out there because an online calc emulator is really cool and I would love it if it would support my calc of choice. Smile
It's a significant amount of work to implement even 1 calc- think about how incredibly complicated a calculator is. Think about all the pieces of hardware with all of their little quirks. This isn't exactly something a small team with other commitments can easily do. plus, they are working on CE support
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
It's a significant amount of work to implement even 1 calc- think about how incredibly complicated a calculator is. Think about all the pieces of hardware with all of their little quirks. This isn't exactly something a small team with other commitments can easily do. plus, they are working on CE support

Yeah, figured they would have if they could. Thanks for the reply. Very Happy
You could use emu8x, which allows you to emulate a TI-85 on a TI-83+.
The TI-85 and TI-86 would be relatively straightforward to emulate with the components we already have built. I ended up not going down that path due to the paucity of people interested in actually working with the TI-85 and TI-86 these days, but if there was suddenly a significant interest, we would certainly consider pursuing it. Currently, _iPhoenix_, P_T, and Eeems have been making great strides towards TI-84 Plus CE support.
KermMartian wrote:
Currently, _iPhoenix_, P_T, and Eeems have been making great strides towards TI-84 Plus CE support.

Fantastic. I'll be excited to cut down my workflow having the emulator for the CE right there on SoureCoder. TI Connect's native IDE is fine and all, but syntax coloring and typing odd tokens is a blessing I've gone too long without.
KermMartian wrote:
The TI-85 and TI-86 would be relatively straightforward to emulate with the components we already have built. I ended up not going down that path due to the paucity of people interested in actually working with the TI-85 and TI-86 these days, but if there was suddenly a significant interest, we would certainly consider pursuing it. Currently, _iPhoenix_, P_T, and Eeems have been making great strides towards TI-84 Plus CE support.

Ok, cool! I just really have an affinity for the 85 (and 86 by extension) because the 85 was my first TI graphing calc. Very Happy Graphing Calculator

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours