Hmm, is this because "o" is easy to convert to chars less than "o" in the ROM ? Razz Cool Work!
I need more proof before I believe you I’m sceptical
Actually it's (secretly) aperating even better with another calc:
(all credits to jacobly, I was just testing on the 83PCE)

What is this thread?
21tmccauley wrote:
What is this thread?

Basically magic but using code.
Mateo found a way to overwrite the boot code, but doesn't want to share any more info because it could be used to permanently brick calcs.
This is significant because a custom bootcode would allow you to install a custom operating system or use custom interrupt handlers.
It's also dangerous because the bootcode is what allows you to reinstall the OS, and there is no way to change the bootcode if the bootcode is not working properly. This means that if you break the bootcode, the calculator is permanently unusable unless the flash chip is replaced.
I though boot code was read-only or something and was impossible to change? How do you even go about overwriting something that's designed not to be overwritten?

Also, why Are there random characters like the | and H next to the ... ?

Great job Mateo and Jacobly! I can't wait to have FreeOS on the new calcs!
Uh oh. Better hide this from TI
MateoConLechuga wrote:

Basically magic but using code.

commandblockguy wrote:

This means that if you break the bootcode, the calculator is permanently unusable unless the flash chip is replaced.

Sounds more like black magic. Good luck with the custom OS because everything TI makes is kinda trash. Good Idea
tfw texas instruments cant even make rom read only
ooh this seems fun

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours