I have a TI 84+ (Not color or silver edition) whose screen has a giant dark spot in the middle, probably due to pressure being put on the screen. I also have a broken TI 84+, but with a screen that is not cracked or broken. I want to take the screen from the unusable one and replace the broken screen on the working one. I also saw a video on how to fix TI 83 screens, and I'm wondering if the same way you fix Ti 83's can be used for Ti 84's.
I have minimal soldering experience btw, but I know a guy who's really good at it who can help me.

Here's the video btw.
https://youtu.be/2zrky-8rqOg
I think 83's and 84's both have a similar screen setup, but I'm not sure.

Definitely be careful when fixing your own calculator.
I gave up on fixing it, when I opened it up it was nothing like the 83. The screen was glued to the motherboard and the connectors were too fine to solder. Rip calc

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours