Do you want Nether and End Portals in this project?
Yes!!! MOST DEFINITELY!!!
 30%  [ 3 ]
Yes, but RAM use is an issue with my CE
 40%  [ 4 ]
Not really, but maybe later
 10%  [ 1 ]
Nope, not on my CE! Maybe a version with and without.
 10%  [ 1 ]
NEVER!!!
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

You can also use convhex!!
** PM from LogicalJoe
LogicalJoe wrote:
Convhex is Mateo's Compression program for 8xp files, it works especially well on ICE programs (indicating the they are a bit bloated).
Using your current (archived) version of Xenon and running
convhex -x XENON.8xp XENON_.8xp
It went from 20k to 8k.

you can get it here -> https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/convhex

Let me know if you use it!

I have nothing more to say.
EOF
An expiremental alpha v1.3.5 was released, but without it's source.
LINK:
https://github.com/TimmyTurner51/2D-Minecraft-CE
- Credits button replaced with the 'OPTIONS' button, once again.
- World sped up to a pretty decent speed (finally). I have achieved this by making a tileset (texture pack) named MCCESPR. External Texture pack support will be added later.
CONS:
- Only blocks from GRASS up to the ladder or torch is placeable, but has a black background.
- The inventory still uses sprites, but some have a white background, even though I used det(75,255) to hide the white background.
- Textures are cartoon-y and need to be fixed, so someone please help with that...
- Options menu is not fully implemented, so it pauses in the menu, until the key loops are added, which will be soon also.
- Maybe more, but not sure...

EDIT: Like I said, the included texture pack is meant to make it look exactly like minecraft, but I need someone to make it look like it for me please. I cannot do all these things on my own...
Also, I want the community's opinion:
- Should I add a Minecraft Store? (More about it below)

About the Minecraft CE Store:
This store will have a unique saving system, using my own custom reading system, which will not have its source released (so that users cannot hack the system). This system will read a set of special characters and numbers to set the coins value.
However, a part of the system I will release is this:
In order to receive coins, you will need to trade 1 experience point (obtained by the time you play the game) for 5 Coins.
NONE of this is added yet, as I haven't yet gotten around to it.
TimmyTurner62 wrote:

This store will have a unique saving system, using my own custom reading system, which will not have its source released (so that users cannot hack the system). This system will read a set of special characters and numbers to set the coins value.
In order to receive coins, you will need to trade 1 experience point (obtained by the time you play the game) for 5 Coins.

No, a store sounds okay, but locking it? I HATED that part of the new Minecraft, and I wouldn't like it here. It should be like Java Edition, you can easily create and download texture packs FOR FREE. Sorry about the little rant, but I just personally like the "open source" style of using textures and skins.
NoaxPrime wrote:
TimmyTurner62 wrote:

No, a store sounds okay, but locking it? I HATED that part of the Minecraft, and I wouldn't like it here. It should be like Java Edition, you can easily create and download texture packs FOR FREE. Sorry abput the little rant, but I just personally like the "open source" style of using textures and skins.

I would have to agree with this. I really like the way that the Java Edition makes it easy to customize the game to fit your needs. Enhancements to functionality can be added through installing free (or making your own) mods, you can download and make your own skins, and you can do the same for texture packs. Smile
As a mod developer myself, I agree: free add-ons for all!
I think we are missing the fact that someone with any kind of experience at all could, with some effort, reverse engineer your system.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I think we are missing the fact that someone with any kind of experience at all could, with some effort, reverse engineer your system.

As in hack it to give them a bunch of stuff or reverse engineer it to use it without permission?
I could possibly help you with the textures, but I doubt that you want my help
On your next release, could you include a README file with all controls, to make it easier to start playing. Also, I could make some textures, so are you using 16x16 sprites and also, what format do you need them in?. Keep up the could work!
EDIT: I can't spell
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

Hmmm I see, maybe it needs to be free
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

If that's the case, could we possibly see templates (and maybe an editor and converter) for textures and skins?
NoaxPrime wrote:
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

If that's the case, could we possibly see templates (and maybe an editor and converter) for textures and skins?

Skins are set using DefineSprite(), until I add external skin support.
There will be no converter. Simply use TilemapE v1.7.2 to make a tileset, and export it. Look at MCCESPR to see the blocks (in order) you would use.
And maybe I can add templates for textures, but the game does not load tilemaps (pretty much the way actual texture packs are, rows and columns of blocks)
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
NoaxPrime wrote:
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

Skins are set using DefineSprite(), until I add external skin support.
There will be no converter. Simply use TilemapE v1.7.2 to make a tileset, and export it. Look at MCCESPR to see the blocks (in order) you would use.
And maybe I can add templates for textures, but the game does not load tilemaps (pretty much the way actual texture packs are, rows and columns of blocks)

That's funny, I just started using TilemapE! Razz
Guess it's time for me to actually use my calculator...
I am moving the forum to here: https://www.reddit.com/r/cemetech/comments/b83co8/2d_minecraft_ce/
I will still reply and post

EDIT: Never mind. It's still there, but guess what? I can add spoilers over there so...yeah.
Also, source code is coming in a few minutes...
So before the new update rolls out, I still need a few additions to the MCCESPR 2 (thankfully provided by LogicalJoe).
After door, I need the following blocks added:
- White wool
- Sapling
- Redstone Dust (off)
- Redstone Dust (on)
- Redstone Block
- Lamp off
- Lamp on
- End Portal frame (without eye of ender on it)
- End Portal Frame (WITH eye of ender on it)

New Update needs:
- Obsidian, Netherrack, nether quartz

- Then, these Items:
- Redstone Dust Icon (what will be shown in the inventory)
- Stick, Charcoal, coal, eye of ender, ender pearl

Thanks to you all for the support! If LogicalJoe sees this, I know it's too much, but if you can do this once this is done, everyone will have the ability to look at it and make their own CUSTOM texture packs...
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
- Redstone Dust (off)
- Redstone Dust (on)
This is going to be tricky because redstone dust is 2-dimensional, and I don't know quite what you want.
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
Then, these Items:
- Redstone Dust Icon (what will be shown in the inventory)
- Stick, Charcoal, coal, eye of ender, ender pearl
Are the icons (That's what I think these all are) going in MCCESPR too?
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
If LogicalJoe sees this
I think you mean "when".
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
I know it's too much
What's too much?
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
but if you can do this
Are you doubting me? Very Happy

EDIT: Congratulations on 200 posts! Smile
Thx LogicalJoe! I mean 2D Redstone Dust (like a red line on the bottom)
Pls do this for me Smile
EDIT: The redstone dust looks like this:
https://imgur.com/C1tBy8u
But replace the black with color palette number 253, and try to make it look like redstone dust.

Newer features coming:
Thanks to LogicalJoe, I will proudly bring to you Nether Portals. They will be added very soon...
- The store will look rather simple, but there's some good things:
- Premium Items are easily obtained! All you have to do is post your creations, and every 2 creations, you will get a premium, custom texture pack of your choice! But do not do this right now, as the game is not ready...
- Free Items can be "DOWNLOADED" from within the game, but really it will just load the item into it's designated area of an appvar named 'MC'. This appvar will hold the current texture pack and the current skin pack. The format is as follows:
- '[texture pack appvar name]/[skin appvar name]'
PLEASE, When the new store rolls out, please read these rules:
- As stated above, premium features will be obtainable. However, once you receive the texture pack, I ask you to NOT share it, or release it for others to use. v1.3.8 will include all these features.
I mean, I thought we weren't doing the shop but alright! Razz
As long as it works. Though, I did kinda think making it so the skins and textures were individual variables that you could to download and could switch between would be easier than making it part of the app.

I just think it would be better to be able to easily create and download them to the calculator than wait for you to update it. It makes it more "open source" and free.
Plus, I don't really like the idea of "premium" content, even if you don't have to pay real life money for it...
I feel like the store on bedrock-edition was a mistake, and you shouldn't try to emulate it. I'd much rather just download a texture pack someone made online and install it without having to pay in-game money for it. If you made texture packs work more like they do on Java Edition I'd probably download this on release.

Also what if somebody didn't know how to get money in the in-game store? They'd be left out of that portion of the game. Maybe someone send the game to their calculator without them ever reading a "README.txt" or even knowing what Cemetech is. Maybe they just don't want to make an account on Cemetech, but you're forcing them to make one so they can get in-game money.

Also, we need some embedded gifs and screenshots. Use "[img]INSERT IMAGE URL[/img]" to do that.
slimeenergy wrote:
I feel like the store on bedrock-edition was a mistake, and you shouldn't try to emulate it. I'd much rather just download a texture pack someone made online and install it without having to pay in-game money for it. If you made texture packs work more like they do on Java Edition I'd probably download this on release.

Exactly, unless the idea is changed, I might as well stick to the older version and hack it myself. It'll be a creator vs hacker thing for calculators.

EDIT: Also, I think the reason the Bedrock Edition store is so bad is because you aren't actually supporting creators directly, you're paying Microsoft in hopes that your favorite developers will be paid back. With the calculator, there is NO WAY to track this, meaning no chance of supporting the creator. At least if we make it free and forget the store, we won't have to worry about payment. Plus, there's another issue with bedrock present here. You are locking people's work (whether it be yours or not) behind paywalls!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours