I am working on a DCS/DCS 9 Icon Creator in ICE. Here's the link to download it (Remember, it's only a work-in-progress):
https://github.com/TimmyTurner51/ICE-Programs

But I have a problem, and let me show you the steps to see my problem:
1.) Go in the DCS Editor (link above)
2.) Make an Icon.
3.) Press [y=] to open the FILE tab.
4.) Choose CONVERT
5.) It will convert the code to be recalled in your program into the prgmAAAAA (5 A's)
To see the problem:
6.) Now, go into the TI Editor and see the code to prgmAAAAA. So just edit prgmAAAAA
7.) Notice this: .DCS.[icon data string]

Please help with this.
Thanks
-Timmy
You should probably call it DCS/Cesium icon creator as DCS 9 isn't out yet and Cesium uses the same format for icons (IIRC).
I don't know if this would work but maybe you can store the icon into Ans as a string, so it can be easily recalled.
slimeenergy wrote:
I don't know if this would work but maybe you can store the icon into Ans as a string, so it can be easily recalled.

Sorry, took me a while to read this, but how can I save the data into Ans in an ICE program? Is it possible?
You should be able to store data in Ans like it's any other variable.
Hex value 72 represents the token Ans, so we can squish "7200" into hex and use that as the variable name.

Code:
CloseAll()
Open("7200","w+",4)→SLOT
If(SLOT)
Write(DATA,SIZE,1,SLOT)
End

I haven't tested this, so you might want to confirm it works. You could also store into the strings, if this doesn't work.

Edit: this does in fact work, but you can also just use 'Ans' instead or "7200".
Don’t mean to crash the party, but if you really need an icon creator and you don’t want the hassle of making one you can just export an 8x8 sprite of your own design in ICE Sprite Creator

Edit: Or a 16x16 sprite
yeah, but icons are 16x16 for the color calcs... and you lose 75% of the 16x16 space if you use an 8x8 sprite...
SM84CE wrote:
yeah, but icons are 16x16 for the color calcs... and you lose 75% of the 16x16 space if you use an 8x8 sprite...
ICE Sprite Creator can do 16x16 too, I just didn’t know that’s what the icons were.
commandblockguy wrote:
You should be able to store data in Ans like it's any other variable.
Hex value 72 represents the token Ans, so we can squish "7200" into hex and use that as the variable name.

Code:
CloseAll()
Open("7200","w+",4)→SLOT
If(SLOT)
Write(DATA,SIZE,1,SLOT)
End

I haven't tested this, so you might want to confirm it works. You could also store into the strings, if this doesn't work.

Edit: this does in fact work, but you can also just use 'Ans' instead or "7200".

Thanks commandz. I have read SAX so I really appreciate how you all got it figured out!

EDIT: I have not been working on this lately, but saving to Ans might help a lot.
ICE Sprite creator can make 16 by 16 sprites, but each pixel represented by the string via the export is represented by a hexidecimal byte as apposed to a corresponding token.
In other words, that program would create a 512-character-long string for a 16 by 16 Cesium icon, which Cesium doesn't perfectly detect; you'd have to replace all of the raw bytes with a token that Cesium converts to that specific color.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours