Today is April Fools.

Unsurprisingly some of this is false. We will not be shutting down the forum. Don’t worry.

But that said, you guys are still awesome. We are making you aware of the Cemetech Subreddit. It will be linked to Discord but sadly the Reddit-Discord bridge doesn’t get seen by the IRC-Discord bridge, so those topics won’t make it to IRC for now.

The Cemetech forum is still the best place to interact with the Cemetech community but feel free to post on Reddit as well, just your engagement will be considerably lower.

What are some other April Fools jokes you’ve run across today?
Alex wrote:

You.
Alex wrote:
Today is April Fools.

Unsurprisingly some of this is false. We will not be shutting down the forum. Don’t worry.

But that said, you guys are still awesome. We are making you aware of the Cemetech Subreddit. It will be linked to Discord but sadly the Reddit-Discord bridge doesn’t get seen by the IRC-Discord bridge, so those topics won’t make it to IRC for now.

The Cemetech forum is still the best place to interact with the Cemetech community but feel free to post on Reddit as well, just your engagement will be considerably lower.

Thank you! I'm so relieved. You got me good Laughing
SM84CE wrote:
Bet you 400 lines of BASIC code that this is an April fool's day joke...

KNEW IT!! but JOKE'S ON YOU!!!

Those 400ish lines of BASIC I was referring to was Nuclear Reactor Simulator CE. You can get that here.

***SM84CE RUUUUUNNNNNSSSSS
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Alex wrote:

You.

You flatter me <3
I didn't see many April fools pranks today, but this one I saw, made me laugh:

https://www.hypershop.com/blogs/news/hyper-releases-the-mother-of-all-usb-c-hubs
The subreddit was real, but yeah, switching to such inconvenient infrastructure entirely would have been a good way to kill the site's user experience, therefore its usefulness and the fact that users gather on it Smile
I got an email from SOS Solutions (electronics shop) announcing the new Raspberry Pi 4F, where the "F" stands for "Foldable". For one moment I thought it was real, until I realised what day it was.. Razz
On another forum I'm a part of, multiple people posted messages bidding farewell for April Fool's. I believed both of them...

I'm really gullible. Laughing
I really loved Waymo's joke this year, Waymo for Pets.

RogerWilco wrote:
On another forum I'm a part of, multiple people posted messages bidding farewell for April Fool's. I believed both of them...

I'm really gullible. 0x5

I fell for one a long time ago by Gmail. They "released" a service where they'd print out your emails and snail mail it to you with advertisements printed on the back of the pages. I thought it was the best thing ever. I've probably fallen for a few others over the years but that's the most memorable.
Alex wrote:
I really loved Waymo's joke this year, Waymo for Pets.

RogerWilco wrote:

I'm really gullible. 0x5

I fell for one a long time ago by Gmail. They "released" a service where they'd print out your emails and snail mail it to you with advertisements printed on the back of the pages. I thought it was the best thing ever. I've probably fallen for a few others over the years but that's the most memorable.

That's an awesome one
Can you make a subreddit format for the old reddit please? I personally prefer it but you don't have to
xMarminq_ wrote:
Can you make a subreddit format for the old reddit please? I personally prefer it but you don't have to

I only did the redesigned reddit because it's so much easier as there's no CSS involved. I'm totally down to skin the classic version of reddit, as that's what I use too, but it's going to be a bit more involved. Perhaps I can look into pre-made themes and change the colors a bit...
Alex wrote:
xMarminq_ wrote:

I only did the redesigned reddit because it's so much easier as there's no CSS involved. I'm totally down to skin the classic version of reddit, as that's what I use too, but it's going to be a bit more involved. Perhaps I can look into pre-made themes and change the colors a bit...

I still use the old reddit theme, so it looks like you did nothing for me.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours