Hello everyone, this is my first time dealing with anything related to ti programming, besides some random Ti-basic stuff.

Here's what happened: I found this program on ticalc.org: https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/415/41509.html
So, I take the Ti Connect program, and try to send over the Balancer.8xk file, but it doesn't work. It says "Something is broken. Balancer.8xk is broken. Download the file again and retry for transfer. If this keeps happening, contact TI for help."
I've tried sending another .8xk program from the official TI website and it works fine, so I know its not an issue with the calculator.
Now, heres what I'm thinking. The developer of that app included z80 files in a source folder. If I could somehow reassemble them into a .8xk app, and see any potential errors that way, I could make the app work again. Only problem is that I have zero clue about how to do any of this.
The exact model of the calculator according to TI connect is Ti-84 Plus- 53DD.

Thanks in advance.
I tried the file on an emulator and it appears to work fine. It sends and runs no problem.

I exported it and you can try this copy: http://tr1p1ea.net/files/downloads/Balancer.8xk
Oh shoot, that worked. Thanks!

Out of curiosity, what could have been preventing the app from running on my calculator?
It is possible that somehow a part of the file header or something was corrupted. This could either have occurred with your download or the file itself is borked. Emulators are generally more forgiving - but once sent you can re-export the file and it will clean everything up.

Also it could just have been a fluke Razz.
Nice, i spent about an hour or so last night cleaning up the source and finding the missing equates to build the app, just came here to share the .8xk. Should've refreshed earlier Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours