So I am programming a pong game in C using toolchain.

I am programming something that takes the user's keypress.

This code works perfectly fine:

Code:

if (kb_Data[7] == kb_Right){
            printText(s3,paddleX,8);
            paddleX+=2;

But, Apparently, this code gives me an error:
ERROR (128) Identifier "kb_data" not defined within current scope

Code:

if (kb_data[7] == kb_Clear){
            os_PutVar(paddleX,0,0);
            while (!os_GetCSC());
        }

If you know what is going on, then please let me know.

Thanks! Smile
Capitalize Data.
Quote:

Code:
            os_PutVar(paddleX,0,0);
            while (!os_GetCSC());
        }

The "D" in kb_Data[] is not capitalized. Also, I think I saw multiple topics about you asking about the C toolchain in regards to this project. You may want to ask them all in one topic.
GregsAStar wrote:
Quote:

Code:
            os_PutVar(paddleX,0,0);
            while (!os_GetCSC());
        }

The "D" in kb_Data[] is not capitalized. Also, I think I saw multiple topics about you asking about the C toolchain in regards to this project. You may want to ask them all in one topic.

Good Idea.
Good News! I finally got pong to work on my calculator! I have been working on this program for a little over two day, with a total of 4 hours of programming, and I finally got my first C program finished and working on the CE!

I hope to get better and faster in the future, because right now I am such a noob. Wink
Have you tried using CEmu?

Also very nice work Smile
I have CEmu downloaded, and I tried it a little when I downloaded it, but I really never have used it since.
dunlavdy wrote:
I have CEmu downloaded, and I tried it a little when I downloaded it, but I really never have used it since.

Why don't you use it for C development?
I had no idea that CEmu could do that.

Not to sound like a noob(totally am), but how?
You can send the outputted program to the calculator and run it there, which saves transfer time. CEmu also allows you to use the dbg_sprintf function, which prints text to CEmu's console for easy debugging. It also has more advanced features like a disassembly view, a memory view, watch points, breakpoints, and a memory visualizer, but those probably won't be of much help to you.
Thanks. It does save me some time. It is nice to have debugging be easier using CEmu than sending the file to my calculator every time.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours