Hey! I discovered a new problem. I was doing an update of some mac software (not OS X), and after it finished downloading, it said that I need to log out of all other user accounts on the mac. Well, there was only one account, the admin account. I looked in settings again to check. I was right. Any ideas? Is this still the virus?
I have decided not to waste so much time on this. if I get all the stuff off the mac, I'll reset it and try again. If not, I'll get a new computer. I have one, but it's in another country at the moment. If you know of any good ideas to do this without resetting it, let me know. Also, will an update somehow delete/remove the virus? I'm also going to bring the mac to the Apple store, but I don't know how much they can help.
You don't have a virus. You have user error, 99% of what most people say is a "virus". Since you haven't told us what software, we can't help much.
I already stated that before. macOS X 10.9.5. Trying to update to 10.13.3 (or .4). I downloaded the disk image with the OS on it from the apple website accessed with Chrome. It has ~50 GB of free space.

If it’s a user error, then where did I make a mistake, and how do I do it correctly?

If I download the disk image and open it, it says that it’s corrupted. If I install from the App Store, it will always say that the server can’t be contacted, or some other error. Where did I go wrong?

I use the computer for 80% of my homework. If I can’t update it, I’ll probably use another computer or get another one. I need to know so I can know what to do.
while working with application majority times my apps trip up my Mac and Stuck. And when any single
app is hang it freeze me out and won't let me to do anything.
Frozen as in no response when force-quitting application, no response when you change the brightness, etc?
You can force shut it down by holding shift+control+option and then pressing the power button. After a few minutes, turn it on again.
If the computer still responds to clicks and the keyboard, force quit the application by pressing command+option+esc and select the frozen app to force quit.
It might have to do with unmounting your startup disk and not actually remounting it the right way.
Force shutting it down and rebooting it will still help.
The Apple site, and the App Store. Two better places. The App store one introduced the installer, yet it won't work. Refreshing was so quick last time, and simple, yet I don't have the foggiest idea why it's so irritating at this point.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours