I couldn't find any threads for this (Except one for the 'Idea Vault', which is for the +CSE), so I figured it may be a good idea to create one. Any ideas are welcome in the replies, I just ask you don't make them too rediculous. I'll follow the format of the idea vault , so I'll edit ideas in the replies to the post and link to the reply which may have more detail. I'll add some of my own ideas to start.

Edit: Keep in mind these ideas aren't for me, they are for everyone to use.
Edit 2: Also, original ideas are encouraged. So far all of the suggestions have been for ports of existing programs/games. There's nothing wrong with making a port, but suggesting ports is basically useless because of how easy it is to make a port "idea". I can just look at any game name and slap a "Make this a port" sticker next to it, that would take less effort than the amount required to go to this thread. I'll still include ports, but they are not encouraged. If you are wondering what game you should port, just try something like looking at your last few played games (For me it would be Spelunky, Garry's Mod, and Factorio).

Basic Ideas:
City/town builder game

Non-Basic Ideas:
A program to do various basic routines that would normally take a lot of time to complete (For example, calling "{1,2,2}:Asm(prgmNAME)" to render a player sprite on the graph screen
Lua Interpreter (Functions, any amount of variables, etc)
A space game in which you raid enemy spaceships and buy upgrades
An IO game (Like diep.io, agar.io, or any original IO-like game)
A game similar to "Getting Over It"
I have ideas, but I don't want to give them away because I want to program them myself. So, if I ever have any ideas that I know are impossible for me, the I will edit this post, but so far, nothing.
Try making a minecraft-like game where you have to survive and find resources. That's what I meant. Not a copy. (Different resources, different 'crafting')
How about a reverse getting over it, where you have to fall down, but only small parts at a time?
Why not see if you can make a clone of the game agar.io?
bdoggamer wrote:
Just make minecraft. Simple. Fun.

Minecraft has already been done twice on this website ("IcyCraft" by beckadamtheinventor, and "2D Minecraft" by TimmyTurner62). Can you elaborate, because as it stands that idea is not very original.

dunlavdy wrote:
I have ideas, but I don't want to give them away because I want to program them myself. So, if I ever have any ideas that I know are impossible for me, the I will edit this post, but so far, nothing.

Then it may be a better idea to not post rather than post something that doesn't contribute to the thread. There are probably a lot of people that have ideas they'd rather make themselves, so if everyone posted that they have no ideas they'd like to share the actual ideas would be drowned out. I'd suggest deleting your post, or changing the part that says "I have no ideas" to "Heres an idea: [insert idea here]". I honestly don't see why you posted that.
danielricci wrote:
Why not see if you can make a clone of the game agar.io?

Or any .io game for that matter. (slither.io, paper.io, etc.)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours