If you're highlighted in SAX, have desktop notifications on, and multiple Cemetech tabs open, you receive multiple desktop notifications. I believe you receive the same number of notifications as you do tabs open. It gets quite annoying having to close so many notifications.
My guess would be that each tab is sending out one notification each and it stacks up.
I'm pretty sure there's no easy way to fix this.
You could just shut off SAX notifications, I guess.
I also get this a lot, especially when I have sc3 open in one tab and the forum in another writing a post. I send the post then get a notification in every other tab I have open. Don't know if there is any way to stop that from happening.
calclover2514 wrote:

There could be a delay between notification sending. If a notification has been sent within the last X seconds, it won't send another. This could be on the server or on the client. I don't know exactly how notifications work, but I feel like it's possible.
slimeenergy wrote:
calclover2514 wrote:

There could be a delay between notification sending. If a notification has been sent within the last X seconds, it won't send another. This could be on the server or on the client. I don't know exactly how notifications work, but I feel like it's possible.

That's not how notifications work- this issue here is that multiple tabs with SAX on them are somehow being desync-ed.
Now, I know nothing about how this works but it sounds like each Cemetech tab is running on its own unaware of any other tabs. I'm sure if the ability to detect other Cemetech tabs was implemented (if it exists) we could smartly just send the notification to the active tab.

That might not even be a "multi-tab detection" thing, just more of a "how long before we consider the session inactive" thing. That way, say after 10 seconds of a tab not having focus, we stop processing certain things (like notifications).
Alex wrote:
Now, I know nothing about how this works but it sounds like each Cemetech tab is running on its own unaware of any other tabs. I'm sure if the ability to detect other Cemetech tabs was implemented (if it exists) we could smartly just send the notification to the active tab.

That might not even be a "multi-tab detection" thing, just more of a "how long before we consider the session inactive" thing. That way, say after 10 seconds of a tab not having focus, we stop processing certain things (like notifications).

1) I believe such a thing does exist but is nontrivial. I'll have to mess around with some stuff though and/or search for it.

2) I see your point, but I don't like the idea- the nice thing about SAX highlights (and part of the point of highlights/pings in general) is that I can be called upon without having to be focused in on the site. Someone else can ask me a question while I'm not active, and that's incredibly helpful.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours