I recently downloaded the C toolchain from Github, and while I was looking through examples, I came across an interesting list in the gfx_tilemap file. It is in the DEMO.bin file.

Below the first section, it has the headers: Label and Value. Are these values the memory addresses of the tokens? If not, could someone tell me what they are?

I have just started learning C, so I am not very familiar with pointers.

Thanks!
Do you mean DEMO.map file? That's the debug file that is created when you run "make debug". It can be loaded into CEmu to debug your program, however in most cases you will not care about that file, and can disable its output by adding the following line to your project's makefile:

Code:
OUTPUT_MAP := NO

To answer your question, yes, it contains the memory addresses of where variables and functions are stored when the program is executed. The linker chooses those addresses at link time.
Yes, it was the DEMO.map file.

So, if you were writing a C program for the calculator, you would not need those addresses because they are for the (I don't know what the actual term is) underlying software that makes the C program work?

Something similar to BASIC being built on assembly as an analogy.
C compiles to assembly.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours