Introducing CEDROID: The world’s most popular mobile OS, now re-created on the TI 84 Plus CE

This project is not done yet, but here's a pre-release: CEDROID

Notification, App creation, and CEDROID interfacing is included for ICE in DROIDlib
Wallpapers can be created with the Wallpaper generator tool, which is included. Simply drag and drop any size image onto Make_Wallpaper.bat and it will do the rest

UPDATE:
v1.1.0 Released:
The download link has been updated.
Bugfixes:
- Fixed white screen and exit on program execution

UPDATE:
v1.2.1 Released:
The download link has NOT been updated.
Features:
- Added an installer
Bugfixes:
- Minimal

Unresolved issues/Upcoming features:
- Upcoming Features
- Bugs

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Hope you like it,
Download blocked; "CEDROID.zip is not commonly downloaded and may be dangerous."
ShinyGardevoir wrote:
Download blocked; "CEDROID.zip is not commonly downloaded and may be dangerous."

That's because I just uploaded it about 3 minutes ago Razz
I promise it does not contain any viruses
Yeah, it's safe, at least on my antivirus.
ShinyGardevoir wrote:
Yeah, it's safe, at least on my antivirus.

I would be worried if it were not, as it's in Google Drive, which scans everything for viruses before uploading
Insanely cool, I'm messing around with your program right now. but how do you run programs from it? I just get a white screen, then back to CEDroid.

EDIT- BASIC programs seem to run fine, but ICE and Kedit are having issues running for me.
Some suggestions:
-add shortcut to edit programs (may be difficult or impossible to do)
-ON key turns on locked calculator (doesn't currently, as far as I can tell, though other keys do)
-more settings, such as the ability to disable lock screen notifications, etc. (can't believe I'm saying that right now)
-get rid of the white box in the program selection menu
-when the screen slides up after the lock screen, you get a bunch of lines that I assume are there because of the wallpaper, so fix that

Overall, extremely good and promising, and I'll definitely be using it. And who knows, maybe DR1VE will have CEDroid support, such as notifications, etc.

EDIT- (Because Kerm yelled at me for double posting) Can you use ICE in DroidLib programs? What I'm asking is, can I use the functionality of ICE, just adding the special new commands that you made where I want?
Holy crap! I LOVE IT!!!
epsilon5 wrote:
Some suggestions:
1: -add shortcut to edit programs (may be difficult or impossible to do)
2: -ON key turns on locked calculator (doesn't currently, as far as I can tell, though other keys do)
3: -more settings, such as the ability to disable lock screen notifications, etc. (can't believe I'm saying that right now)
4: -get rid of the white box in the program selection menu
5: -when the screen slides up after the lock screen, you get a bunch of lines that I assume are there because of the wallpaper, so fix that

6: Overall, extremely good and promising, and I'll definitely be using it. And who knows, maybe DR1VE will have CEDroid support, such as notifications, etc.

7: EDIT- (Because Kerm yelled at me for double posting) Can you use ICE in DroidLib programs? What I'm asking is, can I use the functionality of ICE, just adding the special new commands that you made where I want?

1: Unfortunately, that will never happen. Just use Kedit and ICE if you want to write programs

2: ICE does not support this and neither does anything else Sad

3: Will happen eventually. Also, you could write a DROIDlib program to remove notifications

4: I don't exactly know what you mean, but I can't make it transparent, because that would conflict with the home screen

5: I'm not sure that's fixable, but I'll try

6: If you want DR1VE to have CEDROID support, you will have to write a separate program for it. any program written with DROIDlib will not work without CEDROID. I might make a dummy include file so you can have the same code, but just include a different program at the beginning of your program (to prevent ICE from saying "Label not found") - Fixed with Latest Update

7: Absolutely.

epsilon5 wrote:
Insanely cool, I'm messing around with your program right now. but how do you run programs from it? I just get a white screen, then back to CEDroid.

EDIT- BASIC programs seem to run fine, but ICE and Kedit are having issues running for me.

I started having problems with Kedit, but not ICE. I will see if I can fix it.
Also, BASIC programs shouldn't be able to run, only ASM, C, and ICE.
Well this came as a surprise, it was a hidden project so it wouldn't be rushed, and I like it! Can't wait to see the finished product! Very Happy
NoaxPrime wrote:
Well this came as a surprise, it was a hidden project so it wouldn't be rushed, and I like it! Can't wait to see the finished product! Very Happy

I really love it! How did I help? I didn't release the source to ANDROshellCE, but everyone was free to decompress it as it kind of went dead. But thanks for adding me in the credits!!! Smile
UPDATE TIME:
It's been a while since the last update, but I have finally gotten around to adding an installer:

The main program has minimal bugfixes.
I will release the update when I have worked out the bugs in the installer (it will still be a pre-release).
I love how the installer looks like it is from the windows 9x days 😂
Pieman7373 wrote:

That was on purpose Razz
calclover2514 wrote:
Pieman7373 wrote:

That was on purpose Razz

I'm glad!!!

I can't wait to try this out when i get home, btw
Looks very nice, somehow I missed this project when you originally posted it! I noticed the icons you're using are much higher resolution than regular Cesium icons. Are Cesium icons still compatible and how do we create high res icons compatible with CEdroid?

I think it'd be kinda neat if you could make this a psudo-home launcher program by never quitting (unless there's a timeout or the battery is low) and instead just turning off the display. Then when you press [on] the display turns on and you can immediately resume using this program! I don't think this is possible in pure ICE but I believe Cesium does this with its password protection feature so you may want to check that out.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Looks very nice, somehow I missed this project when you originally posted it! I noticed the icons you're using are much higher resolution than regular Cesium icons.

I specifically made the icons twice the resolution of Cesium's icons.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Are Cesium icons still compatible and how do we create high res icons compatible with CEdroid?

Cesium icons are not compatible with CEdroid.
To set the icon for your program, use DROIDlib's SETICON function and a 32x32 sprite. This will create an AppVar with the name of your program with the icon stored in it (as a 32x32 icon would make most programs really big.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I think it'd be kinda neat if you could make this a psudo-home launcher program by never quitting (unless there's a timeout or the battery is low) and instead just turning off the display. Then when you press [on] the display turns on and you can immediately resume using this program! I don't think this is possible in pure ICE but I believe Cesium does this with its password protection feature so you may want to check that out.

I have kind of done this. If you click the square icon, the screen is zeroed out and set to minimum brightness until you press a button.
This will drain the battery faster than truly shutting it off, but will use minimal power until the user presses a button.
Or you could just press the [clear] button and exit when you are done.
Wow!! Surprised this is an Amazing Project!!!
I can't believe I am I now see this. I wish I saw it earlier. I look forward to Programming Things in this Shell!!

Also, How does CEdroid Differ from other CE Shells and Why should I switch to CEDroid?? (apart for high res Icons and the amazing GUI!! Smile )
Alvajoy123 wrote:
Wow!! Surprised this is an Amazing Project!!!
I can't believe I am I now see this. I wish I saw it earlier. I look forward to Programming Things in this Shell!!

Also, How does CEdroid Differ from other CE Shells and Why should I switch to CEDroid?? (apart for high res Icons and the amazing GUI!! Smile )

In my opinion, I recommend using CEdroid over other CE shells simply because it’s easy to use, and it’s graphics are outstanding. Apart from CEdroid, I also highly recommend using Cesium if you prefer having more options system/memory-wise.
CEdroid does not only have a great gui and larger icons, but it’s controls are extremely easy to use and learn.
But, if you prefer app shells, and not program shells, try Cesium.
I’m not trying to bring CEdroid down... don’t get me wrong, it’s crazily awesome, but ICE has a limit to the things you can do. If it did have a way to, for example, put the calc to sleep and not just lower the brightness, I believe this shell would easily either be as good as, or better than, Cesium.

I say this only because Cesium can do more things, especially system-wise, since it has more access to things than ICE does. It can be opened by a key combination/shortcut, which as far as I know, ICE doesn’t support.

BUT, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SWITCHING TO CEdroid... ESPECIALLY IF YOU PREFER EASY-TO-USE CONTROLS AND DETAILED GRAPHICS over shells with more of system-accessible features.
calclover2514 can you make your program size smaller?
right now CEDroid is 24896k with Convhex to will be reduced to 9k or 8k

using convhex you can reduce the size dramatically.
here is the link: https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/convhex

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours