I was recently looking through example source files of some ICE games to see if I could learn something. There are some commands though, that look extremely weird and are hard to read, because I can't find where the syntax is written down for them. Ex:

Code:
Sy16,16,15,20,4,4,15,20,0,0,A)→TILEMAP

This is obviously DefineTilemap(, but where can you learn the syntax for the Sy, and other such odd tokens?
Thanks for the help!
Try using SourceCoder, which will define them for you. You might also need to run ICE on-calc at least once to "load" the definitions...
Thanks for the tip about SourceCoder! But I'm not really sure what you mean by "load" the definitions on calc... I've already run ICE on my calculator multiple times and nothing has changed...
Well, in the program editor, it should have the things like Data() actually say that instead of stat vars. the det( commands show up in the status bar, example: SetTextScale(WIDTH,HEIGHT). If that doesn't happen, PM PT_, I guess
Make sure you are sending ICE.8xp and ICEHOOKS.8xv to the calculator to get the commands and extra functions in the program editor.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours