Hello. I am currently in highschool and have close to zero programming experience besides TI-Basic. I saw the ICECompiler program in the archives the other day and I'm giving it a go. I have a ti84plus CE and an old ti83+.
Welcome to Cemetech, Kaluwolf! Don't hesitate to ask as many questions as you have (and hopefully you'll eventually also try out some z80 assembly for your TI-83 Plus!).
Hi there, I just joined cemetech.net. I have a bit of experience in c# and c/c++ and made a Programm to view Images and Text on the TI84. It currently supports 1bpp and rgb images as well as asci text. I also converted a the first few seconds of big bug bunny to a ti84 programm. I'd like to share the Desktop application(+TI84 Code) and its source here. Can I include the clibs file in the desktop application?
KermMartian wrote:
Welcome to Cemetech, Kaluwolf! Don't hesitate to ask as many questions as you have (and hopefully you'll eventually also try out some z80 assembly for your TI-83 Plus!).

Thank you! I love your application, DCS7. Also I found this great website to start learning z80 on my TI83+!
i wound up here because playing games on a calculator is a much better use for it than doing actual math Very Happy
ItsMajestiX wrote:
i wound up here because playing games on a calculator is a much better use for it than doing actual math Very Happy

Welcome to Cemetech!
I agree soooooo much with that statement Laughing
Just don't forget to use it for it's intended purpose, especially if you're doing [school]work with it Razz
Hi Graphing Calculator
jacduc wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:
"Welcome to Cemetech! Since 2000, Cemetech (pronounced KE'me'tek) has been teaching programming and electronics and developing software and hardware. Among Cemetech's specialties are TI, HP, and Casio graphing calculators like the TI-84 Plus, TI-Nspire, HP Prime, and Casio Prizm, embedded and DIY electronics, and computer and web programming. Cemetech provides a safe, friendly space for people to learn, show off projects, and share knowledge and expertise. Our staff of friendly volunteers hang out on our forum and IRC and SAX chatrooms, and are happy to help." - cemetech.net

Welcome, jacduc!

I have been using the online calculator for Pre-Calc but have no idea what else there is to do here...

So you are saying I can learn how to program these calculators?

Yes you can program them
ItsMajestiX wrote:

Calculators are quite underpowered for Math now. At least in our school, we have computers, so why not use those? Games on the other hand...
Hello, everyone!

I am a college sophomore and have been programming for a few years, but only recently decided to join this community, when coding switched from a mere hobby to an integral part of my career choice.

I currently know Java (applets), Ti-BASIC, and some Arduino, and want to learn C and ASM as well (both x86 and z80/ez80), especially after Oiram and Ti-Boy showed me what was possible with these languages.

I own and develop for PC (Windows), Ti-83+SE, and Ti-84+CE, with a focus on the calculators due to the challenges their limited hardware creates.
Coding Enthusiast wrote:
Hello, everyone!

I am a college sophomore and have been programming for a few years, but only recently decided to join this community, when coding switched from a mere hobby to an integral part of my career choice.

I currently know Java (applets), Ti-BASIC, and some Arduino, and want to learn C and ASM as well (both x86 and z80/ez80), especially after Oiram and Ti-Boy showed me what was possible with these languages.

I own and develop for PC (Windows), Ti-83+SE, and Ti-84+CE, with a focus on the calculators due to the challenges their limited hardware creates.

Welcome to Cemetech!
If you already understand TI-BASIC, ICE might not be a bad choice to start out with. From there, it's a way easier step to C. Also, once you've learned TI-84+CE C, switching to x86/x64 C/C++ will be even easier.

I personally find ASM extremely complicated and hard to understand, which could be because I'm 14, but if you want to be able to program literally anything, it's the right language for you. Razz
Hi, I'm Gabmiral, a French student and hobbyist programmer. I own a TI-83PCE Python Edition and knows Python, Arduino (well, C for Arduino), LaTeX, basics of general purpose C and am learning Rust at the moment. I also have experience with Linux systems and have an interest for selfhosting
(I haven't done this before so this may look like others post) Hello. I am a Russian middle-schooler and a hobbyist programmer. I mainly use C (thanks to MateoC for making a C toolchain for TI84CE), but currently learning Go. I use Linux (Pop!_OS to be exact). I ordered a TI83PCEPE but it hasn't arrived yet.
I'm an american high-schooler and i'm learning java. That doesn't have much to do with calculators at the moment, but I am the #1 calculator games dealer at my school, Very Happy I have a simple ti-30xIIs, a ti-84 plus thats half destroyed, and a ti-84pce that i guard with my life. I love computers and working on them , I have about 11 of them at the moment. I use, well, lets say, a less-than-legitimate copy of windows 10 premium. And lubuntu, for the really low spec ones. I look forward to meeting everyone in the forums! I'm probably not posting this in the right place either. Laughing Well, nice to meet y'all. Graphing Calculator

maybe i should make a profile photo, brb
Welcome to the forums! You deal calc games, do you code any yourself?
Long time user of TI calculators. My first was in the very early 70s, I forget the model (TI-50?), but it used red LEDs and a 9 volt battery. It was basically an electronic slide rule. During my years in aerospace as a programmer, I used an HP 16c. Moving into this century, my first graphing calculator was a TI-89 Titanium; they had just come on the market. It was also my first experience with a CAS calculator. Later, I went to a TI-Nspire CX CAS, and just recently, I bought a TI-Nspire CX II CAS. It is pretty much my daily driver.

However, what brings me here is buying the TI-84 Plus CE. Why? I just like the looks of it! And, I wanted a programmable grapher without the document features endemic to the Nspire series. In support of the new TI-84+CE, I bought Christopher Mitchell's "Using the TI84 Plus" 2nd ed. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the author is Kerm Martian! Huge kudos by the way for one of the best calculator books I've read. You are a very talented writer! I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of your programming book.

As for current projects, I am working mostly on learning more math and how to apply math to real life problems. I teach elementary and intermediate algebra at my local community college, and I like to bring in concrete examples. However, before someone mistakes me for a mathematician or a math wiz of some sort, I am far from it. I've taken college courses up through differential and integral calculus, but beyond that, I am self taught. I am currently stumbling my way through elementary differential equations, and it's tough! Math does not come easy to me, despite having a passion for it, or at least its application. One of my end goals is to apply what I am learning to amateur levels of geophysics and astrophysics.

This is turning into a novel, so I'll close on this note: At 72 years of age, I am asked sometimes why I take math courses for fun. The answer is simple, I couldn't do it when I was young, and now I can.

Cheers!
Welcome to Cemetech! I wish I had as much experience with TI's as you; I've only been using a TI for like 3 years...
Welcome to Cemetech, Jiangshi! Sounds like you have a pretty good amount of experience with TI calculators. What kind of programs do you like to work on, if any? Any new ideas for math-based programs on the TI-84 Plus CE?

Also, I hope that I will still be doing math for fun and doing things for calculators when I'm 72 as well. I really respect that, keep it up.
johnbchron wrote:
Welcome to Cemetech! I wish I had as much experience with TI's as you; I've only been using a TI for like 3 years...

Three years is great! Already you may be diving deeper into them than I have.
Thank you! I don't know about new ideas, as I'm new to calculator programming and TI-Basic. I'm very interested to doing some assembly language programming on the TI-84 Plus CE too. As for math-based programs, I know almost nothing about programming numerical methods, so that might be a good place to start.

epsilon5 wrote:
Welcome to Cemetech, Jiangshi! Sounds like you have a pretty good amount of experience with TI calculators. What kind of programs do you like to work on, if any? Any new ideas for math-based programs on the TI-84 Plus CE?

Also, I hope that I will still be doing math for fun and doing things for calculators when I'm 72 as well. I really respect that, keep it up.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 138 of 148
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours