I guess I might participate in this contest, I will just have to make a game of a small enough scope that it is achievable in 1 month.
I will probably edit this post once I have my idea down

So, I am probably going to write my game in the pico-8 fantasy console
I am planning on making a side-scrolling platformer drawing slight inspiration from th game Thief (in the fact that the player is a medieval thief-ish person)

Some gameplay thoughts:

--player will be able to jump, crouch and stab
--player will have some hearts (for health) and some other symbol (probably an eye) that represents your stealthiness
--player has to traverse platforming levels, killing or bypassing enemies
--if the player gets hit hearts get taken away, if the player is seen, stealth gets taken away. If either run out before a level is completed, GAME OVER
--possibly some kind of score, higher if you don't kill enemies

EDIT:

I got some stuff working that I am pretty proud of!! And, I didn't even use that template that I asked about because it didn't really do anything that is useful to me rn
Looks great so far man - You managed top whip this up really fast!

Did you make the main sprite? It is really nice.
tr1p1ea wrote:
Looks great so far man - You managed top whip this up really fast!

Did you make the main sprite? It is really nice.

Yeah, it turns out that with pico-8 is pretty easy to just flop around on a keyboard and get stuff to work Razz

And yes!! I've started maing sprites on my phone during my free time at work, and that is one I came up with yesterday :3
I made more progress!
Collision actually works, and I have made a bunch of map tiles

But I also badly broke crouching somehow...
I bet no one really cares, but I've decided to drop out of the contest. I want to focus on other stuff, and it'll be fun to watch people make entries without stressing at all. I'll probably finish my entry at some point though, just for fun Razz
Aww, that's a shame, your project looks really great! I hope you continue to work on it!
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Aww, that's a shame, your project looks really great! I hope you continue to work on it!

Thank you! I definitely plan on finishing it at some point

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours