Hey guys, I was just wondering if there was a discord type dark mode for these calculators or a custom firmware that adds new features. I'm a newbie so I don't think I could make one yet. If anyone knows where and how I can get one please let me know. Also If anyone is interested in making one, or does make one I would be willing to try and help, I honestly probably wouldn't be much help though.

Sorry if this is a dumb question or in the wrong area.
Short answer: kinda.

Long answer: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14020
TheLastMillennial wrote:

Dang, that really sucks, thanks for the reply though. Good Idea
So it looks like you've somehow got the calculator to just invert the colors? I didn't even know that was possible, why didn't someone share this earlier?! Razz

How long does the trick last before it starts displaying white again? Can you share the code with us?
TheLastMillennial wrote:
So it looks like you've somehow got the calculator to just invert the colors? I didn't even know that was possible, why didn't someone share this earlier?! Razz

How long does the trick last before it starts displaying white again? Can you share the code with us?

That's program is awesome! If that doesn't work could you maybe flash a custom firmware that lets you do anything you want like creating custom themes?
No custom firmwares currently exist on the CE. Theoretically, you could probably make an installer for one for for the pre-revision M calcs, However, you could bypass test mode with it, so TI would not look kindly towards it. They might even release an OS version that patches more than is strictly necessary to prevent using custom firmware, a situation we would like to avoid.

You could probably de-solder the flash chip and install one with your own firmware, though it's probably not worth the time since you can do quite a bit without custom firmware.
commandblockguy wrote:
No custom firmwares currently exist on the CE. Theoretically, you could probably make an installer for one for for the pre-revision M calcs, However, you could bypass test mode with it, so TI would not look kindly towards it. They might even release an OS version that patches more than is strictly necessary to prevent using custom firmware, a situation we would like to avoid.

You could probably de-solder the flash chip and install one with your own firmware, though it's probably not worth the time since you can do quite a bit without custom firmware.

Could you not downgrade? I did the one downgrade because of the 5.3.1 update. Could a tool like this not be created? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGq-nsNOhuc
*sigh* I need to update that video.

Like I said in my pinned comment, TI made some hardware changes in revision M calculators that has broken how that downgrade tool works. I don't know if a downgrade tool can be created at this point, however even if you could downgrade, there might be compatibility issues with the old OSes not knowing how to handle the new hardware.

Still, you can't install custom firmware even if you downgraded.
There are no dark mode for a CE yet. Custom firmwares cannot be installed.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
*sigh* I need to update that video.

Like I said in my pinned comment, TI made some hardware changes in revision M calculators that has broken how that downgrade tool works. I don't know if a downgrade tool can be created at this point, however even if you could downgrade, there might be compatibility issues with the old OSes not knowing how to handle the new hardware.

Still, you can't install custom firmware even if you downgraded.

Sorry, I didn't see the comment. I just watched the video a long time, ago and was just referencing it. The way you are talking it makes it seem possible to make custom firmware for the older calculators, which most people probably have. If it's not possible thanks for all your guy's help anyway. Very Happy
I apologize for the confusion, I meant to say that you can't install custom firmware even on older calculators. In layman's terms: no firmware can be put on any TI-84 Plus CE on any OS.
Run this assembly code on your calculator to enable "dark mode" (which is just simple color inversion) which will last until you power on and off your calculator:

Code:
Asm84CEPrgm211808F874364436216C3601C9
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Run this assembly code on your calculator to enable "dark mode" (which is just simple color inversion) which will last until you power on and off your calculator:

Code:

Thanks, I guess this is the best we got.
Hopefully, this improves battery life as well.
Technical wrote:
Hopefully, this improves battery life as well.

It won't affect battery life at all. To save battery life, make the brightness as low as possible.
MateoConLechuga wrote:

Code:

Guess TI-BOY CE now has a whole new set of color options...
TheLastMillennial wrote:

MateoConLechuga wrote:

Code:

What he said
The method here only works if you have something such as cesium installed on the calculator ( had forgotten this in the original post):

To activate a darkmode of sorts on the ti-84 plus ce, hold the 'on' button and press the 'sto→' button while the calculator is on. To go back to the normal screen, hold the 'on' button and press the 'ln' button. (or just turn off and on the calculator)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours