We've had quite a few people requesting a whitelist recently. What if we set up a Google form or similar where people could ask to be whitelisted? That way, admins could be notified automatically.

Additionally, if you don't mind me asking, why was the server moved to a whitelist in the first place? It doesn't sound like there would be much of an advantage to having a whitelist over a greylist, as players still have to request that an admin un-greylist them. Having the server on a whitelist might also deter players who would otherwise play and make meaningful contributions to the server, but don't want to bother "applying" for the server here before actually seeing it.
commandblockguy wrote:
Additionally, if you don't mind me asking, why was the server moved to a whitelist in the first place

We had a particular player who was evading bans. I had to not only ban their accounts but also their IPs. I'm likely exaggerating but I probably banned about 20 accounts and 10 IPs in 30 minutes before I just decided to move to a whitelist. It was pretty great, I'd ban the IP and then see the accounts they'd try to join with and ban those before they was able to switch to a new IP. Sometimes they'd join with the account I had just banned on the old IP from a new IP, and I'd ban that IP. Then they got smart and joined with a new account on a new IP.

While moving to a whitelist, the amount of interventions the moderators and admins have had to do has dropped considerably. Which has allowed them to focus more time on other endeavors, like Bed Wars and whatever else is going on.
Alex wrote:
I'm likely exaggerating but I probably banned about 20 accounts and 10 IPs in 30 minutes before I just decided to move to a whitelist.
I'm almost certain you are not exaggerating.
Can I be put on the whitelist if it is not much trouble?
Minecraft username: Unspakabl_trolme

Thanks,
Sam
123e443 wrote:

Thanks,
Sam

Can you tell us a little about your play style and what you are looking for in a server?
rivereye wrote:
123e443 wrote:

Thanks,
Sam

Can you tell us a little about your play style and what you are looking for in a server?

play style: i like to build
"what you are looking for in a server": some a creative survival server
um hi
Could I be added as well?

U/N : izder456

Playstyle : survival building

What I'm looking for in a server : A fun, welcoming commmunity.

Also, I won't be active very much.
I've never been on the server.
Izder456 wrote:
Could I be added as well?

U/N : izder456

Playstyle : survival building

What I'm looking for in a server : A fun, welcoming commmunity.

Also, I won't be active very much.
I've never been on the server.

I got you.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours