Every time I click the "Go to the new posts" button, it loads for a while and then throws this error:
Quote:
This page isn’t working

www.cemetech.net is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

After that, it will only work if I refresh the page 6 or 7 times.
I am using Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 (Build 18362.388) (64-bit). I have tried using a different browser and clearing my cookies, and the problem still persists.
Same thing for me, except mine is fixed after reloading once.
I have the same issue on Chrome mobile
(Mine is also chrome, on a Chromebook) Sounds like it might be a problem with chrome? Or maybe it's just that everyone uses Chrome, because it's clearly the superior browser.
I'm on Firefox, I'm getting a plain white screen on both desktop and mobile. The page works fine when I'm not logged in, though.
I can reproduce the white screen on Firefox desktop and mobile; Safari too.
I got this just now but I shrugged it off as it didn't seem important. I guess it is though...
Edit: 100th post!
I've experienced the same issue and was considering making a thread Razz
500 is an internal server error, of course you can reproduce it in any browser.
I've been getting this error as well, but thought nothing of it since a refresh or two fixed it every time. If it helps with the troubleshooting, this only seemed to start two or three days ago.

Edit: This also seems to affect the "find all posts by [username]" links.
I got a much more helpful error today in case someone wants to look into what's wrong...
cemetech wrote:
message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php? Message was: Could not obtain user/online information

Yeah, me too. It appears to have switched to this now.

EDIT: This post may be what you're looking for: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=232562

primedomain wrote:
What's the last thing you did? Have you just installed a new template?

1. Make sure that the contrib and install directories have been deleted. (you might have to delete the files inside these directories first)
2. double check:
/templates/subSilver: subSilver.cfg; subSilver.css (or the respective name of your template)
your ftp client might have changed all file and folder names to lower case.
note the capital S in all three cases

ANOTHER EDIT: It appears that it's trying to throw an error (Could not obtain user/online information) and throwing a different error in the process
mr womp womp wrote:
I got a much more helpful error today in case someone wants to look into what's wrong...
cemetech wrote:
message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php? Message was: Could not obtain user/online information

The real question is: why are you looking up my posts? Surprised

Idk, I didn't touch the Cemetech backend so I will probably blame Tari Wink
I also get a blank white page when trying to view discussions. I’m on an iPad and I normally tap on the FORUM link which brings up View this weeks topics or View unanswered posts. When I tap either one of those I get the white page. I also get the white page if I use one of my older iPads that I used to use but haven’t updated anything on it. So nothing changed on that iPad. I also noticed that the Cemetech web page seems a lot slower when doing anything. I have also seen the message_die() page. All of this started a few days ago.
dave1707 wrote:
I also noticed that the Cemetech web page seems a lot slower when doing anything.

This, this, and so much this. Though this very much could be an issue with my connections, or even just something happening entirely in my head, but it feels like most pages and actions are requiring me to sit for an extra second or two, much longer than the snappy Cemetech experience I'm used to.

I kinda wish that I could opt-out of cemetech7 just so that I can use the site as normal while these bugs are being patched.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

I kinda wish that I could opt-out of cemetech7 just so that I can use the site as normal while these bugs are being patched.

Yes! This must absolutely be a choice. I thought it was just bad wifi at first, but it showed up everywhere and the sight loads really slow. There should be a tab in user Settings, or maybe at startup so guests can use it too. I do look forward to a bug-free cemetech7, but it's getting kinda annoying by now...

Edit: Got a kind creepy message when I tried reloading the page for new posts:

Code:

Does this help?
Argus wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

Yes! This must absolutely be a choice. I thought it was just bad wifi at first, but it showed up everywhere and the sight loads really slow. There should be a tab in user Settings, or maybe at startup so guests can use it too. I do look forward to a bug-free cemetech7, but it's getting kinda annoying by now...

This was the legacy PHP failing, so opting out of c7 would have been worse.

Anyway, this was a performance issue in the database exposed by an earlier change I made to how sessions are handled. I've found the problem and resolved it.
I can confirm, the two links are working again.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours