is there any way to upgrade my calculators hardware? I want to get a better cpu and stuff since this thing does run on old timey cpu, i just want something of higher quality for the modern day. Are there guides to say, swap a cpu or ram/flash storage with higher tech stuff? Graphing Calculator
No. Buy a better calculator or build your own.
Related: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14934&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Basically yeah, what Mateo said.
Upgrade a graphing calculator? Say wha?

Jokes aside, it's most likely physically impossible and even if it is it probably isn't worth it.

The only calculator that I know is "upgradeable" in the sense (not counting the nspire keypads) would be the TI 92 and the plus module released for it, and even that isn't very special.

Like another commenter said, try building your own. I would recommend a Raspberry Pi Zero as they're dirt cheap and have (amazing in the world of calculators) 512 MB ram. It can be a daunting project when you first look at it, but it isn't as bad as you may think.
Or get an HP Prime G2 which is already as powerful as a Raspberry pi zero. Wink
so uh, what do you mean by make one? Are there guides for making a calculator, or really anything i can code on TI basic, since school is 50% of my calculator programming time. I just want a good, not phone solution for my programming needs in TI basic. my school is archaich and doesnt allow phones out unless permitted. Also, dumn dumn computer science here is in the dumn dumn blocks which i dont approve of.
Making a calculator = creating schematics and PCB for electronics, and then making the software Smile

Over the years, there have been multiple projects aiming at creating DIY calculators, on multiple message boards of the community, including this one. Some of the message boards do not longer exist / are no longer active.
One of the newest and most advanced such projects is the Symbolibre: https://symbolibre.org/en/ . The activity has lowered over the past few months.

There's also a commercial calculator whose mechanical and electrical schematics are publicly available: https://www.numworks.com/resources/engineering/hardware/ . Neither the N0100, nor the recent N0110 have more RAM than a ~1998 92+ to 2004 89T (TI-68k calculator series) or a 2015+ 84+CE / 83PCE / 83PCE EP; however:
* their CPUs are in the high end of the spectrum for a calculator, especially the N0110's;
* the N0110 has a built-in 8 MB NOR Flash memory chip, and the same chip (or better, a 16 MB chip) can easily be soldered on the N0100's PCB. That's more than enough to fit a high-featured build of the powerful giac, which underlies XCAS for computers, the HP Prime, the Symbolibre and KhiCAS for a range of models including the TI-Nspire and the Casio fx-CG50 / Graph 90+E (due to size limitations, KhiCAS on the latter has crippled functionality) - the bottleneck is the low amount of RAM, which allows for simple (enough) computations but prevents the most complex ones.

Of course, the Symbolibre and NumWorks calculators natively provide programming languages other than TI-eZ80 TI-Basic, though the Symbolibre is powerful enough to emulate a 84+CE / 83PCE / 83PCE EP.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours