Is there a way to detect the basic and asm programs on a calculator (get something like a list of the names of the programs), and also run them, in Axe? Also, how would I make it come back to the program afterward? (The Axe program is in the form of an application.) Finally, how could I read a specific line from these programs?

I was also wondering about running applications from Axe. I found this page about doing it in assembly, but does anyone knows the hex code for this so I can do it in Axe?

Thanks for any help!
There is an Axiom called MEMKIT(?), which is like an Axe library that allows you to easily read a list of programs. Reading a specific line should be easy enough, as all you need to do is scan through the data until you reach N newlines. However running programs I don't know about about.

You can use an assembler to convert the assembly to hex codes. I am pretty sure there is some assembler that allows you to output a list of hex codes instead of a .8xp file.
Cool, this is helpful. Where is the download for Memkit? I searched around but couldn't find anything.
CamelCode wrote:
Cool, this is helpful. Where is the download for Memkit? I searched around but couldn't find anything.

Good question.
If I remember correctly, it should be in the zip file that contains the Axe app itself.
Okay, I'll look there. Does anyone know about running the programs though?
For BASIC programs, put the name in OP1 and use bcall(_ParseInp).
For assembly programs, you can put the name in OP1 and use bcall(_ExecutePrgm)

Alternatively, you can manually insert the program at `userMem` and then
use `call userMem`. This has the advantage that you can copy programs from archive to RAM and run it, without throwing an error.
There is an axiom called RunPrgm [https://www.omnimaga.org/the-axe-parser-project/(axiom)-run-(unarchived)-external-assembly-programs/] You can use it to run basic or assembly programs. That should take care of all your problems.
Okay, I get how to do programs, but i just realized that the program for launching apps returns home after the app finishes executing. Is there a way to make it come back to the original app when it's done executing?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours