I am working slowly on a pythonic language, written in Asm, which will have the capability to be both interpreted and compiled into eZ80 Asm.

This language will be easily expandable by simply importing a library, which will have the ability to add words to the language.

Some words and functions will be part of the interpreter, while others will be part of libraries.
Some libraries will be standard and come with the interpreter.

Libraries will be written in pure Asm for the moment, but I will make a computer program for compiling libraries from some kind of source code.

I'm not sure how long this will take to complete, but I hope there is perhaps some interest in this.
This sounds really good, if it is optimized well and fast. I’d recommend finalizing BOS-BASIC before seriously pursuing this project, however.
Interesting idea, this idea might just make me pursue Asm. I've never tried it before, but it sounds like using your library might make it considerably easier for new learners of assembly.
Argus wrote:
Interesting idea, this idea might just make me pursue Asm. I've never tried it before, but it sounds like using your library might make it considerably easier for new learners of assembly.

Uhhh, BOS-LANG is gonna use Asm for it's libraries, but that does not mean that it is by any means a step towards Asm. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours