Heyo! I just wanted to give an update as I've been really inactive here as of late >.>

First off, I am still into calculators. School has just been really insane, so I haven't had much of a chance to do anything with them.

I just got an email from my first college of choice saying I have been admitted, so I'm super excite for that! Very Happy

I still need to wait for acceptance into the arch program, but I'm one step closer to my goal.

And finally, the big reveal. I am now identifying as female and going by female pronouns. Smile

Anyway, I hope to be more active once school is a little less insane and maybe I can finally try to lean some assembly Laughing Razz
RogerWilco wrote:
I just got an email from my first college of choice saying I have been admitted, so I'm super excite for that! Very Happy

Wow, and...

RogerWilco wrote:
And finally, the big reveal. I am now identifying as female and going by female pronouns. Smile

...WOW! Great way to make an entrance. I'm really happy for you! Very Happy (I saw you changed you profile pics, but it's good to hear your confirmation on this)
And congratulations with your admission! Computer Science I presume...? Razz

It's nice having you back here again!
Congrats on university!!! Good to have you back. Smile

I've heard that coming out is hard. I'm happy to see that you have overcome that. I wish you all the best in exploring yourself and finding out who you are. <3
Now I have two trans friends! Very Happy
Thank you on both accounts! Very Happy Mr Green

Also, my calc teacher needed to make all of our quizzes "no calculator" because of me and me alone hehe (I am the only person with a TI-89 in the class) x3
BasicTH wrote:
RogerWilco wrote:

Wow, and...

RogerWilco wrote:

...WOW! Great way to make an entrance. I'm really happy for you! Very Happy (I saw you changed you profile pics, but it's good to hear your confirmation on this)
And congratulations with your admission! Computer Science I presume...? Razz

It's nice having you back here again!

Wow, I don't know how I missed your post! I'm super sorry about that. Thank you about everything! I am planning to go into architecture actually, with computer science remaining a hobby of mine Smile
Hey, it's good to hear from you again! It's great you've been admitted to a college already, good luck with your architecture studies! You've given quite a big reveal, I'm very happy for you and I wish you the best!
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Hey, it's good to hear from you again! It's great you've been admitted to a college already, good luck with your architecture studies! You've given quite a big reveal, I'm very happy for you and I wish you the best!

Thank you so much! It's really good to be back Very Happy
First, congrats on being accepted! And to your top choice no less!

I'm really glad that you felt comfortable coming out to us ^~^

Finally, good luck learning assembly >_> It's really not that bad, especially with your experience. It can be tedious, though!
Xeda112358 wrote:
First, congrats on being accepted! And to your top choice no less!

I'm really glad that you felt comfortable coming out to us ^~^

Finally, good luck learning assembly >_> It's really not that bad, especially with your experience. It can be tedious, though!

Thank you! I'm glad I did! I have a PM sent to Kerm requesting a Username change :3

And I look forward to learning assembly! The only question is z80 or 68k Very Happy
Honestly, learn both and ARM if possible. If you learn those, the rest will be pretty easy to understand.
Xeda112358 wrote:
Honestly, learn both and ARM if possible. If you learn those, the rest will be pretty easy to understand.

Ok, thanks! Would learning ez80 cover the z80 too, or are the registers different? (I suspect they are, as CEs can't run 84+ ASM code)
Z80 code can run on the eZ80 (and there are even some of the "hexcodes" that work as intended on both the 83+ series and the eZ80 counterparts). The parts that make it difficult is different hardware and a different OS, but the instruction set is backwards compatible. Th eZ80 is way nicer though as it has a bunch of wonderful new instructions.

Oh, and it is kind of relevant, but the creator of the early ARM instruction set is actually trans.
Xeda112358 wrote:
Z80 code can run on the eZ80 (and there are even some of the "hexcodes" that work as intended on both the 83+ series and the eZ80 counterparts). The parts that make it difficult is different hardware and a different OS, but the instruction set is backwards compatible. Th eZ80 is way nicer though as it has a bunch of wonderful new instructions.

Oh, and it is kind of relevant, but the creator of the early ARM instruction set is actually trans.

Ok, thank you for the info! Also, that's really cool! Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours