Hello. Being a bit new here, and having some older technology (I.e, TI-92), I was wondering if there was a way to make a time and date program for the TI-89 titanium family. I would appreciate it if someone could show me the code. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Jason
If you are simply looking for a "calendar" program, you should just look it up on the internet, and if it exists, download it. Having never owned (or programmed) a ti-89, I do not know if this is even possible to create this. If you are struggling with a specific problem in programming this (if clock function tokens aren't available in TI-Basic, I highly doubt it will be available), then feel free to ask, but this question is incredibly vague. If you want to learn programming, I highly recommend you find a programming guide off the internet. Smile
This displays hh:mm:ss in the middle of the screen and increments the time. I didnโ€™t put a whole lot into this because Iโ€™m not sure what youโ€™re after. This is on my TI 89 Titanium.

Code:

test()
Prgm
ClrIO
Lbl a
getTime→t
Output 30,50,"         "
Output 30,62,":"
Output 30,80,":"
Output 30,50,t[1]
Output 30,68,t[2]
Output 30,85,t[3]
Output 40,50,"hh:mm:ss"
Goto a
EndPrgm

Hereโ€™s another version that shows just the hh:mm:ss in the middle of the screen. This version shows a leading zero when the h, m, s only has a single digit. In this version, Iโ€™m formatting the time into 1 string and outputting that to the screen.

Code:

test()
Prgm
ClrIO
Lbl a
getTime→t
"0"&string(t[1])→h
"0"&string(t[1])→m
"0"&string(t[1])→s
right(h,2)&":"&right(m,2)&":"&right(s,2)→y
Output 30,50,y
Goto a
EndPrgm

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours