Hey everyone, don't know who is still around but I figured I would let you know I am getting back into it for a couple months! I had a baby and he's just now old enough that I am getting some free time again to dedicate some to my favorite hobby Smile

I noticed Prizoop has gotten a lot more popular as the FX-CG50 is getting more love lately based on it's pricing, I guess?

I am thinking of the following projects, let me know what you think:

1) Setting up my modified Prizm SDK which builds Prizoop, has better C++ integration, and has better compatibility with FX-CG50 as a "standard" SDK we can carry forward on my github. I'd also like to add my discoveries for fast screen blitting using line by line async DMA as an included library, and maybe set up some much nicer example projects so new people have a much better place to start tinkering. One of my biggest pet peeves is there is a ton of overlap between the SDK and libFXCG, they should both build from source together in one repo.

2) Finishing Nesizm! There's a bit of dust to wipe off. I had my code running Super Mario Bros 3 before I stopped working on it last. It was playing Punch Out and others as well but I recall it had speed issues and corruption problems with a lot of games. It would be good to get this one done! It would require some heavy assembly work to get it running full speed on the FX-CG20

3) Libraries and example projects? I implemented very effective sound playback for Prizoop using the new fangled one bit "voltage tracking" technique. This could be turned into a single essential library where you give it a basic sound sample buffer and volume callbacks. I also think there are good built-in opportunities for dynamic overclocking, compression, sprite/drawing routines, etc.

4) The Casio built-in Python appears to be pretty lame. Would be fun to make a better one by porting PyCopy: https://github.com/pfalcon/pycopy and integrating functionality from libraries mentioned above with more system level access and ability to write games.

Who all is still around? Anyone have any thoughts?
Great news on the baby and you being back. Congrats. I’m looking forward to improvements to sdk for fxcg50. I wonder how pycopy compares to khicas. Whatever you do please make it compilable on windows
PyCopy, CircuitPython and their original upstream MicroPython are real Python implementations, so in this respect, they're clearly superior to KhiCAS, which "only" has giac's Python-like compatibility layer Smile

Windows 10 users can use WSL and WSL2, which are not perfect, but decrease the need of providing native Windows builds for development platforms. Windows 8 has been dead for a while, Windows 7 will soon be dead, and 10 is simply better than 8.1, in terms of features and general hardening, though there's the need to disable a bunch of telemetry (in non-Enterprise editions).
I confused pycopy with sympy and completely misunderstood the original point 4, sorry, i thought it meant some CAS or something similar to eigenmath or khicas add-in.
I've started on the SDK update. You can see the project here:

https://github.com/tswilliamson/PrizmSDK

This now includes libfxcg and libc full source included, and it all builds together in the SDK with the same toolchain as our custom add-ins. For me, make.bat works for libfxcg and libc under Cygwin and correctly links and runs Prizoop and Nesizm with no error.

I'm going to be moving some of my generic libraries as well as other people's work such as sentaro's ptune into a utils folder within the SDK so it can easily be linked by new projects. I would also like to add more easily used SDK functions for items you've worked out amazonka like updating the add-in icon.

For CG50 I am adding a device detection function. I'd like to work out how to build in multiple add-in icons for the .g3a file by device, or at least modify mkg3a to allow for multiple target devices with icon sets (so we can have a white icon and a black icon based on the target Prizm calculator)

If anyone has any other functionality they've seen in Prizm apps they think should be in the SDK let me know!
Oh btw @gbl08ma do you feel comfortable with me using your version of libfxcg instead? If you ever read this Razz
I was just about to try to figure out how to get the last version on Joni's github to make after getting 0.3 compiling yesterday, and lo you've returned with plans to maintain an improved compiler. Very excited to see what's coming.
tswilliamson wrote:
Oh btw @gbl08ma do you feel comfortable with me using your version of libfxcg instead? If you ever read this Razz

I know it's been more than a month, but by chance yeah, I eventually read this. (In the future though, it's probably better that you reach out to me directly to ask such questions, or at least send a private message, which sends me an email notification.)

To answer your question, feel free to use anything on my GitHub, as long as you respect the licenses, of course. I'm happy to see that these devices still have a not-completely-dead development community around them.

PS: it'd be really cool if someone was up for the task to bring my add-ins back into the "modern era" of the current operating systems. Eigenmath is supposedly already patched (and there's an alternative CAS already), but Utilities is probably quite broken by now and I suspect there's a great deal of still unreplicated functionality in there.
Probably a bit late to the party, but I have a questions regarding Neszism. Are you planning on adding a local 2 player mode? Meaning player one could play on the directional keys and the shift,option keys while player two plays on the number keys and +, -,x,/. Of course allow for remapping if possible aswell. Also big thanks for your work on prizoop, it's by far the best programm available for prism at the moment.
I just purchased an fx-CG50, and am very excited to see updates to the SDK. Thank you!

It has been a lot of fun to see how far pocket programmable calculators have progressed since the 1970's. Color graphics screens. What fun!
Sal wrote:
I just purchased an fx-CG50, and am very excited to see updates to the SDK. Thank you!

It has been a lot of fun to see how far pocket programmable calculators have progressed since the 1970's. Color graphics screens. What fun!

I've purchased one cg50 too in the vacations to review some maths required for electronics, program some python and also basic with VIM syntax plugin :

https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16319

.The difference in terms of performance from the casio 9850 is huge. The graph speed , integral calculation, use of the colors for shading areas and the USB connection finally is MSD Very Happy.

On the other hand it is a battery hogger and i'm using now nimh batteries to circunvent this.

I'd like to know about this SDK to develop a app in the future, a electronic's calculator similar to elecrocalc or electrodroid ( android apps).
Just some very grateful words of encouragement.

THANK YOU *tswilliamson* for sharing your work. I've never hung onto a GitHub page like a real pageturner story before. This old retired IT character is really enjoying seeing it all unfold. Thanks again.
Sorry I missed some of these notes.

@Jojojan1708: Yes, 2 player with different mappings will be supported, absolutely, though I'm not sure how many games this will be fun on. I could see mapping both player 1 and 2 to the same keys on SMB3 since 2 player in that game is mostly just taking turns.

@Sal: Great! Yeah the SDK is currently "only" facilitating getting Nesizm done but I plan on doing more with it soon afterwards, there are a LOT of potential improvements to be made, particularly with merging in all the independent SDK work over the years, updating gcc, syscall handling, and the windows simulator.
Hey,

Do you know if an adapter like this - 2,5 mm mono to 3,5 mm stereo - https://semicrazy.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/2-5mm-mono-to-3-5mm-stereo-phone-headset-adapter/ will work fine with Prizoop?
I'm not sure about the headset adapter, the two I have tested with are directly 2.5mm to 3.5mm, with one female 3.5mm end.
Thank you. Parts ordered from China.
What I really want is the sound to come out of both earphone speakers (right and left) - the same signal going to both sides.
Hello. I'm back to give feedback.

The order took a little longer to arrive than I expected.

The parts are easy to assemble with a standard soldering iron.

The headset adapter works as expected. The sound come out of both earphone speakers (right and left).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours