I am proud to announce that I am rewriting IcyCraft in C!
There are a bunch of new features planned, and I am happy to say that everything will be compatible with the ICE version!

TODO:
* Most of the code
* Actually test the code when that is done

* Custom crafting methods!
* Custom block behaviors!
* Block spread! (like growing grass)

Exclamation This is very much a WIP at the moment, but I plan to make this the best IcyCraft yet! Exclamation

I will also be posting IcyCraft related C questions here!
Any questions, comments, and ideas would be much appreciated!
Exclamation There has been some progress on this Exclamation
GLOBAL MULTIPLAYER coming to this version of IcyCraft!
PC server software will make multiplayer actually run faster than singleplayer! (Due to the way IcyCraft handles chunks)
Oh heck yeah!!!
So like, I loved the old IcyCraft in ICE, but if it’s assembly, I 100% must find a way to get this one once it’s released! 😁
So, I have 2 questions:
1.) So this is for the CE, right?
...and,
2.) Are you planning on the multiplayer working via a direct usb connection to a pc, or will it be something different?

Either way, I love this news and I can’t wait to see it in action! 😀
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
Oh heck yeah!!!
So like, I loved the old IcyCraft in ICE, but if it’s assembly, I 100% must find a way to get this one once it’s released! 😁
So, I have 2 questions:
1.) So this is for the CE, right?
...and,
2.) Are you planning on the multiplayer working via a direct usb connection to a pc, or will it be something different?

Either way, I love this news and I can’t wait to see it in action! 😀

1.) Yes, this is for the CE (eZ80 line) of TI graphing calculators.
2.) I am planning to have the multiplayer work:
calc<->calc
calc->pc<-calc
calc->pc->web<-pc<-calc
calc->web<-calc

Very Happy
The multiplayer sounds good; are you planning on adding anything else new? A GUI overhaul and increased viewable map size would be worthwhile features to add imo.
epsilon5 wrote:
The multiplayer sounds good; are you planning on adding anything else new? A GUI overhaul and increased viewable map size would be worthwhile features to add imo.

I am re-making the GUI, yes.
I'm trying to completely overhaul the rendering as well. Perhaps a raycaster Very Happy
That sounds insanely awesome! I love how there are multiplayer games coming to the CE. I am actually wondering, how is this communication done calc-to-pc, what commands does it use, and how would you set up a server for it? I'm not attempting one myself, I'm just wondering how it's done. Either way, good luck on getting this massive project done, I'll be sure to play it when it comes out!
beckadamtheinventor wrote:
epsilon5 wrote:

I am re-making the GUI, yes.
I'm trying to completely overhaul the rendering as well. Perhaps a raycaster Very Happy

Beck, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE MAKE IT A RAYCASTER!!! Smile

But is there asm code that allows calculator to calculator linking (it doesn’t have to be hexadecimals)? If there is, can I get some code, and possibly how each piece of code works too? Is any library needed to do it?

I’d appreciate it! Thanks!
https://github.com/CE-Programming/toolchain/blob/usbdrvce/src/usbdrvce/usbdrvce.asm
Okay, a couple of things have changed again.
I'm currently writing this in C, and It's not gonna be a raycaster for the time being.
This is still gonna be multiplayer, and still gonna be extremely moddable.

This is gonna help me release this much faster.
This sounds great, I cant wait!
I recently wrote a zx7 compression routine, which will be used to compress worlds in the new IcyCraft!
Multiplayer is seeming less likely to be included in that release, but alas I am still planning for it.
Worlds from the latest release will not be compatible with the new release. I will probably release a converter into the new format once I release the new iteration. Behaviour packs are going to be completely redesigned again; which isn't likely to break much because nobody (aside from myself) has released any.
I am a big fan of IcyCraft and I really want to play the C version when you are done.
My question is... When is the expected release date?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours