Okay, so not too long ago, my TI-84 CE's LCD ribbon cable was torn accidentally.

Here's the story (briefly):
I was fixing my arrow keys on the keypad, and that worked out fine, that's when my screen still was fine. However, due to gluing my screen back on the case (the old adhesive worn out), glue got on my screen. Cleaning that off wasn't too bad, but when turning it on, I could see it looked like bubbles trapped in the layers of the screen. It still worked fine, and I dried it out too. However, it had spots where it dried out. Long story short, I tried my best to make it look much better...

Unfortunately, I had accidentally tore the ribbon cable at the connection end. I stripped back the plastic layer to expose the wire things. It's too short to connect back to the motherboard, and I've given up. It's a trashy screen now.

Where can I find a new screen? Is there a way to fix the connections by myself? And I noticed a TI-nSpire screen is the same size as the CE's. What does a nSpire LCD look like and would it work on a CE?

Thanks everyone!!
In order to get a working display, you’ll need to buy a broken TI 84 Plus CE(-t)/ TI-83 Premium CE that still has a working display and salvage the display out of that. Make sure not to buy a TI 84 Plus CSE or an Nspire CX since those displays are NOT compatible with the TI 84 Plus CE.

The CE's display is a GiantPlus GPM1421C0 and the latest display is a GPM1607A1 (it doesn’t matter which one you get since they are interchangeable). Unfortunately, I have no idea where you could buy one since we believe TI sources them directly. Sad
TheLastMillennial wrote:
In order to get a working display, you’ll need to buy a broken TI 84 Plus CE(-t)/ TI-83 Premium CE that still has a working display and salvage the display out of that. Make sure not to buy a TI 84 Plus CSE or an Nspire CX since those displays are NOT compatible with the TI 84 Plus CE.

The CE's display is a GiantPlus GPM1421C0 and the latest display is a GPM1607A1 (it doesn’t matter which one you get since they are interchangeable). Unfortunately, I have no idea where you could buy one since we believe TI sources them directly. Sad

Okay Well thanks a lot!!! I'll try sometime but we're low on money as on right now but I'll definitely try something. I appreciate the help!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours