My newest project: Robot Apocalypse. Just a shooter game and not much gameplay implemented yet, but I'm excited to start on this project. Currently, all I have is moving and shooting implemented. For some reason my bullets don't always start from my character (I suspect that the order I set my code in is is screwing up the display), but I'm just happy this works.

Eye Candy:
Looks pretty great!!

Do you have a maximum number of bullets? (I'm asking for a certain reason)
yes, 20 for now, but will be customizable in the future.

Thanks for the feedback!
Kaluwolf wrote:
yes, 20 for now, but will be customizable in the future.

Thanks for the feedback!

You're welcome! And I am having problems with my bullet limiting code 😂😂
It's been a little under an hour, but I did fix the shooting bug and now i have full shooting capabilities (plus customizable bullet speed, bullet capacity, player speed)!

Kaluwolf wrote:
It's been a little under an hour, but I did fix the shooting bug and now i have full shooting capabilities (plus customizable bullet speed, bullet capacity, player speed)!

How is the bullet velocity determined? Is it the player velocity at the moment the bullet was fired?
Kaluwolf, could you post your sourcecode on github? I am interested to see what your code has in store. I am currently trying to program a game with clones, but your game seems much smoother! Thank you if you post the code!
Is it just me or does your character look like Aqualine from Khan Academy?

https://imgur.com/gvH0MZk
dunlavdy wrote:
Kaluwolf, could you post your sourcecode on github? I am interested to see what your code has in store. I am currently trying to program a game with clones, but your game seems much smoother! Thank you if you post the code!

Please read this forum topic here on github. I currently have an initial commit here but as the forum explains, github is not a file hosting system.

Thank you for the feedback Very Happy

EverydayCode wrote:
Is it just me or does your character look like Aqualine from Khan Academy?

https://imgur.com/gvH0MZk

Yes, all my sprites are currently ripped from khanacademy. Very Happy

Edit:

Progress Repo: robots now spawn and move towards you. Probably should make an AI so they don't all bunch up like they are doing currently.

Eye Candy:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours