Hello all. So over the past week I've been working on this project called Quiver. It's an action centered bow and arrow fight with an AI. Basically I've been super uninspired lately, so I turned to my friend and was like, "hey. wanna come up with a game for me?" And since this dudes really into games and game development (but lacks the knowledge to actually make a game) he was excited to help out.

Basically the main ideas of the game are to be able to double jump and maneuver around fluidly, shoot arrows at the enemy, and and have a good time while doing it.

TODO List:

-AI movement, Brain, (and basically everything AI related)
-Sneaking mechainic
-Shooting mechanic
-Other Maps
-And most importantly revamp all of the code cuz what I've written currently is the most convoluted crap in the history of coding.

I've made good progress and think its fair to say I'm done with the movement of the hero, and I think it turned out pretty well.

Heres a gif of what all is done so far-

And here are all of the maps I'm planning on adding (or have already added)-

Anyways, yeah it's a pretty basic game but as of I think it's relatively fun!

Let me know what you think... suggestions, ideas, improvements.
Looking good so far!

I find the rotation when going up and down the stairs very interesting - how are you handling that?
tr1p1ea wrote:
Looking good so far!

I find the rotation when going up and down the stairs very interesting - how are you handling that?

When the character starts to fall or jump, it’s last still location is stored, and the horizontal distance when moving is measured to determine the stage of the animation. So if the distance exceeds around 50 pixels (I think it’s 50 pixels) the character goes into the tilting animation.
Update

Well I've gotten a lot done recently, and I think it's starting to look pretty good!

Whats new-

Gravity effect
    Maps
    jumping pad

Main bugs fixed-

double jump error which would allow you to jump twice if you'd just fallen off a ledge or jumped with the jump pad
    error causing you to sink in to the ground at the start

As for code optimization- I got a good amount done, but there is still a lot to go. In my initial attempt to get something working I left myself with some pretty redundant code, and I am about halfway done with cleaning that up.

Todo List-

AI (no work has been done on this)
    Shooting mechanic (also nothing done on this)
    Main Menu
    Code optimization

ok so for the fun part! here are some screenshots!

Map1-

Map2-

Map3-

Map4-

Map5-

There may be some changeups in the maps used, but I think the max number I'll implement is 5.

Lemme know what you think!
How did you code all of this? It looks so cool!
xX_Mr_Mann_Xx wrote:
How did you code all of this? It looks so cool!

Thank you! it is being coded in C with the CE Programming Libraries.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours