You could do three different lists, each of which has 30 x the number of variables each day will have elements, then read it out by that multiple of thirty. That would be a lot more compact than 90 lists. Or you could do something with appvars. Also, you don’t really need 30 elements for each month, you could have the list dynamically scale based on the number of days there are events for, and store the date of each day there is an event for in the list somewhere. As always, let me know if you have more questions (although my knowledge of BASIC is fairly limited).
If I would put 30 days into one list, it would be limited to only 33 letters per day (999/30). Is there any way to add more in a list? Or I could do 2 different lists for 1 month to put it to 66 letters.
Is there any ways to make a list longer? I think I saw a way where you would put a decimal point in between the numbers ({1.2,3.4,5.6}) and you would use (fpart(*list))x10 but I don't know how to get the first number.
To get the first number, just use iPart(L1(X; this will get only the integer part of a number.
Therad2 wrote:
Is there any ways to make a list longer? I think I saw a way where you would put a decimal point in between the numbers ({1.2,3.4,5.6}) and you would use (fpart(*list))x10 but I don't know how to get the first number.

If you put a decimal point you lose precision? You can just do {1234,5678, etc} and subdivide the digits however you want.
But what if you wanted to have 24,25,26 and 27 and put it like this: {24252627,etc} how would you separate them? Is there a way to just split each group into 4 or something?
I figured out how to do the dividing of the list parts. Ans would be which on you would want to take out (1 to 5) I would add 10 to each of the the (from {1234} to {11121314} so all of them would be the same size.

Code:

:(fpart(int(L1(1)/(100000000/100^ans))/100)100

You would also be able to increase how many letters are in each part (multiply the 100000000 by 100 for every extra but I won't be doing that.) I was thinking, why not just make the part of the list ridiculously long? Is there something that stops you from entering infinite digits into the part of a list (besides memory)? Anyway, I will be adding the code to put it into a string and also putting the pieces into the list as soon as I can. If there is any changes that would be good please tell me Smile
Numbers are stored in scientific notation with 14 digits of precision.
I have finished the string to list and the list to string when the list has 4 letters stored in each list part (to multiple the space of the list by 4) This also does corrupt another list beside the main one (but I will just set it as a list no one will ever use) If you can find any bugs or recommendations please tell me. I am very proud of this because this was a stretch for me to understand Very Happy
here is the code:

String to list:

Code:
{0}->L1
{0}->L2
Lbl A
If fPart(length(Str1)/4)>0
Then
   Str1+" "->Str1
   Goto A
End
~1+seq(inString("0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ :?",sub(Str1,A,1)),A,1,length(Str1->L2
L2+10->L2
For(A,1,1/4dim(L2
   4(A-1)+1->C
   4(A-1)+2->D
   4(A-1)+3->E
   4(A-1)+4->B
   1000000L2(C)+10000L2(D)+100L2(E)+L2(B)->L1(A)
End

List to string:

Code:
{0}->L2
1->B
1->E
1->C
For(B,1,dim(L1
   For(E,1,4
      (fPart(int(L1(B)/(100000000/100^(E)))/100)100
      Ans-10->D
      D->L2(C)
      C+1->C
   End
End
"?
For(A,1,dim(L2
   Ans+sub("0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ :?",1+L2(A),1)
End
sub(Ans,2,length(Ans)-1->Str1

And now since I have more than enough space for an entire month of calendar reminders, I will start on that. Have a nice day Good Idea One question though: is there any way to add from a part of the list (EX: L1={*random number,*random number} than L1+{1,2,3,4}→L1 then L1={*random number,*random number,1,2,3,4}) Because it would be extremely helpful.
I have been making the reminder input part, each reminder will able to be 132 letters long so I would need a scroller. I have no idea how to do this. I tried a few different things (EX putting the things into different strings). But none of them really worked. Sad
I took a break from my creation and started making a game - a version of snake (I am also making caterpillar) - and I needed my loading screen to go faster so I tried doing it in ICE. I finally finished it and compressed it using the ICE thing. When I ran it it (yes I put asm( in front of it ) it just put out an error. So I tried running it in the ice compiler and it cleared my memory /: here is the exact code from it please help:

Code:
:i(name I forgot)
:264→B
:for(A,-2,266,4)
:det(30,A,0,A,164
:det(30,B,0,B,164
:B-4→B
:end
It’s the -2. ICE doesn’t support negative numbers, so any number less than 0 will roll over to the maximum in ICE, which is 16777215 iirc.
Oh I had no idea. Thank you so much (: also, do you know how the vertical line works? The inputs are x,y than a length. How does this work? Would the y be for the bottom or top of the line?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours