Heya [insert random retro nerd on this forum here that sees this thread], I recently grew an obsession with purchasing vintage 90's TI graphing calculators. I think it has become kinda a problem, as I have three and as of RN, one's coming in the mail
The ones I have purchased now :
TI-81 (1991) [the one with the TI Texas logo on the far right and orange model text]
TI-82 (1995) [not parcus]
TI-80
TI-82 Parcus (coming in the mail on Monday) [I'm hyped]

<!--insert HTML joke here-->

No, seriously, I really think it's an addiction, lol.

Anyways, I have been programming on these calculators for awhile now. Oh boy, are they limited... Neutral
Heres my programmes :
Guess the Number TI-81 :

Code:

ClrHome
DispHome
Int (Rand(100))->N
Disp "NUMBER GUESS"
Disp "1-100"
Pause
ClrHome
0->I
Lbl L
Input G
If G=N
Goto W
If G≠N
If G>N
Disp "TOO HIGH"
If G<N
Disp "TOO LOW"
I+1->I
Disp ""
10-I
Disp Ans
Disp "TRIES LEFT"
Disp "PRESS ENTER"
Disp "TO CONTINUE"
Pause
ClrHome
If I=10
Disp "YOU SUCK"
If I=10
Stop
Goto L
Lbl W
Disp "GOOD GUESS"
Disp "YOU WON"
Stop

Guess the Number TI-82 :

Code:

ClrHome
int rand(100)->N
Disp "NUMBER GUESS"
Disp "1-100"
Pause
ClrHome
0->I
Lbl L
Input "GUESS?",G
Disp ""
If G=N
Goto W
If G≠N
Then
If G>N
Disp "TOO HIGH"
If G<N
Disp "TOO LOW"
End
I+1->I
Output(8,1,10-I)
Output(8,3,"TRIES LEFT")
Disp "PRESS ENTER"
Disp "TO CONTINUE"
Pause
ClrHome
If I=10
Then
Disp "YOU SUCK!"
Pause
End
Goto L
Lbl W
Disp "GOOD GUESS"
Disp "YOU WON!"
Stop

Guess the Number TI-80 :

Code:

CLRHOME
RANDINT(1,100)->N
DISP "NUMBER GUESS"
DISP "1-100"
PAUSE
CLRHOME
0->I
LBL L
INPUT "GUESS?",G
IF G=N
GOTO W
IF G≠N
THEN
IF G>N
DISP "TOO HIGH"
IF G<N
DISP "TOO LOW"
END
I+1->I
DISP 10-I,"           TRIES","            LEFT"
DISP "PRESS ENTER"
DISP "TO CONTINUE"
PAUSE
CLRHOME
IF I=10
THEN
DISP "YOU SUCK!"
PAUSE
END
GOTO L
LBL W
DISP "GOOD GUESS"
DISP "YOU WON!"
RETURN

Just for funsies
Haha. I learned to program on a TI-82 that my mom bought in high school, so when I bought a TI-84 Plus CE, the slightly less ridiculously limited TI-Basic on that seemed like heaven Laughing
calclover2514 wrote:
When I bought a TI-84 Plus CE, the slightly less ridiculously limited TI-Basic on that seemed like heaven 0x5

haha The Voyage 200 calc was my first so I can relate in a different way. The TI-84pce is very limited when compared to a 68k calc [like the Voyage 200]. lol
Oh yeah it does that, you buy one or two and before you know it, you have well over a hundred Laughing
Starting with a V200? It's all downhill from there
I've program BASIC in the past a casio CFX-9850G with FA-122??+handmade cable and later a ti89 that was very easy using the ti connect software or tilp plus silver cable (Edit.. lots of errors)

Now i find kind of tricky if you follow for example the stock manuals because looks like they supply only a short brief and some examples compared to older ones which were bibles Razz Fortunately there are more online tutorials and support.
If you want something interesting, see DJ Omnimaga's Illusiat 81. It has some wild 81-specific optimizations. All 37 Prgm slots are used, along with almost all of the program RAM.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours