Is there any way to make a program to give the 6 trig functions of a given angle in radians/degrees in terms of pi/the square root of 2, even if the angle is above 360 degrees/2pi radians? I'm going for a sort of general program for this so I'm not brute forcing If statements. Thanks in advance!
portal3 wrote:
Is there any way to make a program to give the 6 trig functions of a given angle in radians/degrees in terms of pi/the square root of 2, even if the angle is above 360 degrees/2pi radians? I'm going for a sort of general program for this so I'm not brute forcing If statements. Thanks in advance!

Code:

Lbl I
0->T
Clrhome
Input"Type?",T
Disp "0.Degree"
Disp "1.Radians"
If T=0
Goto D
If T=1
Goto R
If T!=0 or T!=1:Then
Disp "Invalid input"
Goto I
End

Lbl R
Input "Angle?",A
sin(A**r)
Disp "sin : ",Ans
cos(A**r)
Disp "cos : ",Ans
tan(A**r)
Disp "tan : ",Ans
sin⁻¹(A**r)
Disp "sin⁻¹ : ",Ans
cos⁻¹(A**r)
Disp "cos⁻¹ : ",Ans
tan⁻¹(A**r)
Disp "tan⁻¹ : ",Ans
Stop

Lbl D
Input "Angle?",A
sin(A°)
Disp "sin : ",Ans
cos(A°)
Disp "cos : ",Ans
tan(A°)
Disp "tan : ",Ans
sin⁻¹(A°)
Disp "sin⁻¹ : ",Ans
cos⁻¹(A°)
Disp "cos⁻¹ : ",Ans
tan⁻¹(A°)
Disp "tan⁻¹ : ",Ans
Stop

Note : "**r" is the little r found in the angle menu on the 84s and ° is also found there

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours