Machine Info :
> Chrome OS 80.0
> Chrome 80.0

Bug Info :
> When posting or editing a post, sometimes the post content with be posted multiple times in a short while, about a second of length.
> I expected it to post only once

Solution? :
> IDK if I can replicate this by changing my browser [Chrome OS, lol]
> I have not taken any steps to resolve this
Are you double-clicking the submit button? Because there's definitely nothing in the server that will just decide to handle a request twice.
I think he means that the 'user has posted/edited a topic' notification on SAX is sent two or three times within a second. I've seen it happen multiple times for Izder but I've never experienced it myself with Firefox.
I have also just clicked the reply button *once*, and had it duplicate a post twice, and once even three times. It is rare, but it does happen.
Tari wrote:
Are you double-clicking the submit button? Because there's definitely nothing in the server that will just decide to handle a request twice.

afaik I'm only clicking it once, but it's only happened once or twice, so it's hard to replicate.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I think he means that the 'user has posted/edited a topic' notification on SAX is sent two or three times within a second. I've seen it happen multiple times for Izder but I've never experienced it myself with Firefox.

That's what I meant to say, thanks for clarifying!
I've had this happen to me on tabs of Cemetech that sat idle in the background. I'd come back later to see repeated notifications. Sometimes it's 2-3 sometimes it's enough to go from the bottom to the top of my monitor.

macOS & Safari.

I haven't been around much lately to know if it still happens for me, so I left out the version numbers until I can verify (but I've been using macOS with Safari as my default browser for a long while). I think I've posted about this as well, I'll see if I can find that topic or post.

Edit: If this is indeed the same bug, it's been around for 4 years.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours