Stonks: Investment Simulator, is just that - an investment simulator coded in pure Basic. Using real data, it allows the user to simulate investments. Test your luck - gain the world, or lose it all...

Video: https://youtu.be/mIWqvabyeyY

GitHub Download: https://github.com/EverydayCodeNet/STONKS/releases/tag/v1.0

Features:
- Random market crashes.
- Live updating graph.
- Personal Best (high score) section.

Things to Add:
- Dividends automatically reinvest into stocks.
- Better x/y-scaling.
- More investment options.
- More Personal Best time frames (10, 20, 100 years)
- More random events (Good quarter earnings, buyouts, bankruptcies)
- Limit to market crash percentages (should not reach 100%)
- Pause the simulation to sell/buy stocks.
- Display the current year.
- Portfolio summary (add type of stock and amount purchased to a list - would make dividends possible)

Eye Candy:

Investing in Bitcoin (Stage 1)

Investing in Bitcoin (Stage 2)

Enjoy!
market crashes are too frequent.

Is there a fix coming out soon for that?
Got it. The percent chance for market crashes was way to high (30%). With this change, I will also reduce the percent loss that can be lost in a single crash (80% max?)

However, with these changes, I will have to update the yearly percent gain, so your gains don't run off the graph within the first five years.

I will do a bulk update, so I don't have to keep going back and forth.

Let me know of any other questions/suggestions!
EverydayCode wrote:
Got it. The percent chance for market crashes was way to high (30%). With this change, I will also reduce the percent loss that can be lost in a single crash (80% max?)

However, with these changes, I will have to update the yearly percent gain, so your gains don't run off the graph within the first five years.

I will do a bulk update, so I don't have to keep going back and forth.

Let me know of any other questions/suggestions!

I was the one who commented on that video btw!!
Change Log (3/27/2020):
- Updated pricing
- Limited market crash to 80%
- Reduced percent chance of market crash to 20%
- Updated xy-scaling (still problematic)

Working On:
- Adding framework for market events for specific sectors (run on the banks, manufacturing loss, hacking, etc.)
- Calculating dividend yields

GitHub not yet updated. More information to come!
This reminds me of my StockSim program for the CE. Although I must admit, your program appears to be much more realistic Very Happy
LAX18 wrote:
This reminds me of my StockSim program for the CE. Although I must admit, your program appears to be much more realistic Very Happy

Wow. I have never seen your program before, but I like a lot of things about it!

Being able to buy/sell stocks during the simulation has been on my mind, but I never knew how to properly implement it. I also like that you allowed the player to save and load games!

I'm still looking into dividends - among a load of other things, so it's cool to see a similar project.

Let me know if you have any suggestions!
I like how this is coming along. Can't wait to see it finished. Smile
I just came across your channel the other day I remember watching it a long time ago then I was overjoyed when I found out again. This is a great realistic program.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours