Hello friendship people. Recently I have installed Knight OS to my TI 73 Explorer. I hate it and want to get TI OS back. When I plug the calc in it doesn't seem to connect. Also the reset button on the back is broken. There isn't a button just a snub. Nothing appears on TI Connect when I connect the calc so I can't install the operating system. Please help! Am I screwed? Confused Surprised
Try the following: grab a ballpoint pen, and while holding down the ON and DEL keys, use the ballpoint pen tip to press in that little reset button on the back. It should put the calculator in a state where you can re-send the OS.

Edit: My colleagues have pointed out the lack of a reset button on the TI-73 Explorer. Instead, take off the battery cover, take out just one of the AAA batteries, and hold down ON+DEL while re-inserting the battery.
KermMartian wrote:
Try the following: grab a ballpoint pen, and while holding down the ON and DEL keys, use the ballpoint pen tip to press in that little reset button on the back. It should put the calculator in a state where you can re-send the OS.

The TI-73 Explorer? That doesn't have a RESET button. Treat it like a TI-83 Plus when working on reinstalling an OS. Remove a battery and hold ON for 10 seconds. Hold DEL and reinsert the battery, and you should be at a screen asking you to reinstall the OS.
Here is a video that might help as well - the 83+ parts should be similar for the 73: https://youtu.be/8HlPgS0elRM?t=625
CVSoft wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

The TI-73 Explorer? That doesn't have a RESET button. Treat it like a TI-83 Plus when working on reinstalling an OS. Remove a battery and hold ON for 10 seconds. Hold DEL and reinsert the battery, and you should be at a screen asking you to reinstall the OS.

I found you can do the same thing from the Knight OS settings but for all four solutions it says "Waiting... Please install calculator software now." Then on my computer it says "TI-73 connected but could not get status". Also after a few seconds on the calculator "Error! Press any key..." Ai Ai Ai!

P.S. I am growing accustomed to Knight OS so if we can't find a solution it's okay.
I have dealt with this exact same issue on my TI83+. I eventually tried an erase all hidden key press command. Eventually using this page I was able to restore the original OS by using [ON] + [CLEAR] then [BATTERY] + [DEL].

Hope this helps!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours