Just added him, but it looks like he's not online there either atm. Oh well.
I hope we haven't lost Jpez over this Crying
Chipmaster wrote:
I hope we haven't lost Jpez over this Crying

He's usually just online at nights - or at least thats the only time I ever see him on
Alrighty, I'll set up a buddy pounce and wait then.
Looks like he was here Confused
SAX wrote:
16:51:28 ***jpez has left the room.
It sometimes says so-and-so left the room when so-and-so never entered.
Hmmm...
Holy shit Laughing God, every time I leave the forum for awhile something big happens...and it's usually not good Razz

As for preventing something like this again (with the whole n00b flaming), we should stop n00bs from even posting dumb comments by teaching them when they register; from the registration page, we should list a long list of rules to abide by, and a link to read this book here. (<-- I'm sure someone's posted this link before here somewhere...) Then, at the end of the terms, it'll give directions as to how to activate the account (there will be no "Next" button; instead, it'll be hidden within the Terms, and you won't know where unless you have read the entire set of Rules).
I think that coupled with a smart warning system will be perfect.

[edit]

JPez has indeed been reading this topic. Evil or Very Mad
Like a reminder for every post a n00b makes until he reaches like 20 posts or something...
How about 35 posts?
I think this stems mainly from different people having different ideas on what constitutes flaming/bashing/criticism etc (again). Cemetech (or any site for that matter) should never let noobs simply sign up and post unintelligent questions that could be answered with a quick bit of research, and any member's actions afterwards should be constructive and allow said noobs to get a better feel for the community and the site. All in all, everyone here needs to be either more hard-handed (and accepting) towards noobs or not visit the site. Unfortunately, noobs are the future. Neutral
KermMartian wrote:
So does anyone want me to remove that flame rule, or what?

What do you think? Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours