July 7 2006 -- It appears Kerm has broken his tradition of having a non-commercial site as indicated by the appearance of a Google Ad at the bottom of the page. This marks the end of a long period of an ad-free Cemetech.
It's just a test, and I'm pretty close to deciding that giving Google my SSN and everything just isn't worth it.
yeah, you really have to wonder on it, not like any of use are going to click on them, at tlest they are no-obtrusive.
I clicked on one because the ads fit in very well with the content of the website and it was an ad for a free TI-83+ - I need one of those. Cool

Code:
Date   Page impressions   Clicks   Page CTR   Page eCPM   Earnings
2006-07-06   1361   4   0.29%   1.11   1.51
2006-07-07   566   1   0.18%   1.26   0.71
Totals   1927   5   0.26%   1.15   2.22
Wow. The one ad said it will give you a free 83+! I could use one of those.
Free calc?! What was the catch?
KermMartian wrote:
Free calc?! What was the catch?

No clue. They just said to enter my zipcode to see if my area was supported.
Oh, it's one of those. They make you sign up for tons of "special" offers that end up costing you much more than the product itself. Don't waste your time.
you have to jump through some hoops, like 10 more people to sign up for their offer or something.
rivereye wrote:
yeah, you really have to wonder on it, not like any of use are going to click on them, at tlest they are no-obtrusive.

I love randomly clicking ads. I feel sorry for non-profit server owners
They say it's a TI-83, but it also says it has archive space and can hold apps. The pic is of a TI-83+, too. I guess they don't know much about calcs...
elfprince13 wrote:
rivereye wrote:

Don't do it! Google watches for clicks like that. Please treat them like a normal website; don't click just because you want to give me $$. Smile
who outside the community does, my uncle had to get a calc and couldn't figure out that he needed Mirage (he got his useed with games on it) to play his games.
rivereye wrote:
who outside the community does, my uncle had to get a calc and couldn't figure out that he needed Mirage (he got his useed with games on it) to play his games.
Very Happy Laughing I've run into people with that problem before. Heheh, knubs.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
rivereye wrote:

Don't do it! Google watches for clicks like that. Please treat them like a normal website; don't click just because you want to give me $$. Smile
Aye, I've fallen victim to over-generosity via Adsense before in the form of having my account canceled. Sad

That having been said, the site is probably ok if you don't make a habit of clicking obsessively on ads on a particular site.
Anyway I'll keeping this as a trial for the time being.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours