i did not know where to post this and thought that this is a good spot to put it if it has to be moved oh well. i was thinking maybe you should create an asm elite programming group. i think it would be good because asm is a hard enough language as it is. but it would have to be raw asm not asm for a shell where you can use others sprite routines and stuff.
I understand what you mean, but I don't see a need for it. Here's why: The BASIC elite was formed because people couldn't tell quality BASIC programming from crap. There was a need for a seal of officiality for programs from reputable authors so people would know if a program is worth a download. ASM doesn't have the same problem because generally those who are good enough programmers to be able to compile ASM programs, aren't noobs. That's just my opinnion of it, but I dunno, there might be some use for it.
Isn't MaxCoderz a sort of asm elite group?
Pretty much, and I think Revsoft is, too.
I don't think raw asm is comparable to raw BASIC. Libless BASIC shows that the programmer can take a limited language and make something good. In asm, the only libs are other asm programs. The programmer could write the functions in the program itself. That kind of defeats the purpose...
Yeah, I think that being fluent in ASM is elite status enough.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours