TheStorm wrote:
See in my oppinion this falls under extramely complex games so go ahead but I doubt that that may prople will want to download 3 libs just to play one game, even if its pokemon
That's the difference - he's packaging the libs with it, so it's not a problem.
Okay then where can i download Razz oh, yea its not done yet Evil or Very Mad
yea I have noproblem if it's incorporated in the download but by the way this sounds, would you be better off if you make pokemon an app Question
With the way things are, and what I have heard, I don't think it will be possible. -.-

There was someone on maxcoderz making a version in Flash, but I have not seen him online in a month or two.

But anyways, back on topic, any good programmer will include any libs that are needed to play a game with his download, with the documentation that is supposed to go with it. Granted, ASM games/programs that need shells won't, but they are catagorized by shells so a person knows what they need to have before getting it in the first place.

And you can download a beta of Pokemon, if you want to see what little bit was available: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/382/38297.html

Please keep in mind the game was around 3% complete at the time, I have added tons to it since then.
TheStorm wrote:
I agree with Kerm on this one Razz , if you can't do somthing in basic learn asm, libs make sloppy programers. I enjoy challenging myself to make programs faster and better with out xlib. the only libs i agree with useing are math related ones like omnicalc and symbolic.
<edit>Okay, omnicalc isn't totaly math related but those are the only functions I use. I like the sprite idea but compatibility would be a pain

If libs made sloppy programmers, then computers must have nothing but absolutely horrible code running through them Very Happy. I guess its programming more for computers and other devices with development environments (PSP, etc...) that makes me believe that libs (all libs) are a godsend, regardless of the platform and the language - no reason to reinvent the wheel when someone else has already made it, especially when theirs is super-fast ASM and yours isn't. And you can't make an exception for some libs, as a lib is still a lib, regardless of what functions it is providing, so your statement is rather hypocritical.
@kllrnohj the two reasons i don't have a problem with all libs is because they are either
A are helpfull with school ex omnicalc, symbolic
or B the are made by someone for their specific complex game/program ex the libs he made for pokemon

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours