Since your super-amazingly-l337 at making great projects, I've gotta bad boy for you. Make a program that creates Basic programs on the calculator. Like, it has many options that do certain things. This would be very helpful for n00b coders *like me Cool * and if it works well enough, would be helpful for even good Basic coders since it would be faster.

I'm not really sure if this has been suggested before since this is the only TiBasic site I've been to, but even if it has, and has been created, I bet you could make a better one.
Yes but something like that would give you no to little control over the small things.
noahbaby94 wrote:
Yes but something like that would give you no to little control over the mall things.

What do you mean by 'mall things'? Do you mean "small"? And if so, he could incorporate in the program, that once you get the general creation of it, you can 'produce' it, and then to to prgms>edit and apply the small things and other details.
Yeah I meant small things my s key is a little sticky right now. Just use code snippets it will do everything your asking for.
noahbaby94 wrote:
Yeah I meant small things my s key is a little sticky right now. Just use code snippets it will do everything your asking for.

As I said before, I have absolutely no clue of existing programs out there, and am too lazy to search for certain programs.

So, this 'code snippets' does what I suggested? Is it good? How exactly does it work?
Go to ticalc.com and use sourcecoder and just look through programs then you can get quite a good understanding of basic. I've heard of several of people learning basic through this method. also go to http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/ every command in basic documented.
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
Since your super-amazingly-l337 at making great projects, I've gotta bad boy for you. Make a program that creates Basic programs on the calculator. Like, it has many options that do certain things. This would be very helpful for n00b coders *like me Cool * and if it works well enough, would be helpful for even good Basic coders since it would be faster.

I'm not really sure if this has been suggested before since this is the only TiBasic site I've been to, but even if it has, and has been created, I bet you could make a better one.
I believe that Zaphod's Lunar IDE project does something like that: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2831
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
noahbaby94 wrote:

As I said before, I have absolutely no clue of existing programs out there, and am too lazy to search for certain programs.

So, this 'code snippets' does what I suggested? Is it good? How exactly does it work?

This is actually how I learned basic. I tried reading tutorials but they never were really hands on, and I love getting my hands dirty.

Like noahbaby94 said, use source coder to get a look of the source on your computer (through a web browser). I actually opened them on on my calculator as well and changed things to find out what worked and what didn't work. As you go through a program you'll start to see what does what.

I found this way the most efficient in my case.
I learned through experimentation, use of the "Catalog helper" app (tells the arguments of all the commands), and most importantly programming with friends. We would say, "Ok, lets write a program to do X" and then compare our code when we were done to see who had the best program.

Of course, some cool tricks are best learned from the code of a pro, simply because you wouldn't know they are possible otherwise. Animated text, for example.
Yeah http://UnitedTI.org has quite a few pros and http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com has all the info that is in teh catalog helper has and more. if you poke around the TI-basic forum at UnitedTi you should find quite a few helpful tips and tricks for you to use.
wow.... I just started a sideproject somewhat like this for Darkfire like last week...

basically it just takes your extradorinarily simple basic program and rewrites it so that everything occurs in the graphscreen. The rewritten program only depends on Codex, (though XLib could just as easily used). Thus, Menu, Prompt, Input, Disp, Output, and ClrHome are switched to some more elaborate code.... just a way to make simple programs a bit flashier =D

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours