Hello all!

It's been a long time since I've been here (my previous username was techboy6601). In that time, I've started high school, bought an actually decent computer, and released a jailbreak tweak called Bloard that has garnered over 250,000 downloads. Anyways, I'm glad to be back.

My new idea for a project would be a TI-83/84+ bridge for the Raspberry Pi. The two would communicate over direct USB using DCS 7.2 and Calcnet.

The idea would be that the calculator could act as a keyboard/monitor for the Pi, displaying information and sending commands to it.

I think my biggest obstacle would be installing Linux drivers and making a tool that uses the Calcnet protocol.

The end goal would be to have a console tool that can create a local port on the Pi that would allow sending and receiving packets from the calculator. This would in turn allow other people to make their own tools that can perform operations on the Pi and show their results on the calculator.

My question is, does any tool like that exist already? Also, is there any guide already on how to install TI-83/84+ drivers on a Linux distribution such as Raspbian?

Thanks!
I have written a program that uses CALCnet to turn the calculator into a mouse, if you're interested. I'll upload a video of it to yt at some point.
ElectronicsGeek: Awesome! I'd love to see that.
I am currently working on WAti, a means of accessing WolframAlpha with the TI-83+/84+ and as such I have written some utility code for CALCnet (detokenization and planned tokenization). When I deem these services to be complete, you are more than welcome to use them to help you with this project. In fact, I will put them on my bitbucket for the whole community to use.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours