HOLY CRAP! It's Josef Stalin all over again. Surprised What if JGames becomes the next Hays Games?
who knows. I knew it was fake, I just thought about having fun with posting that pic
Hays Games is the infamous calculator programming group. They basically went about stealing other peoples games, changing the names and the author's, and releasing them as their own. Kerm's DoorsCS was one of the victims of this group along with other well known programmers. I can't believe any of you fell for it. Look at swivel. I had to pm him to calm him down a bit. I guess it worked for a few of us, but I didn't believe it for a second. Razz
I apologize if anything I said alarmed anyone here. I knew it was fake, heck it was April Fools. I didn't know what I said could have been based in fact. There's a whole history here I don't know about. It's amazing.
Cool Naw man, I was cool the whole time. I talked to Kerm and he and I agreed to do this to you guys Cool . Thats right, I ain't lyin. Ok maybe I am, I was a little anoyed that it happened, I was devistated about how Kerm would do something so horrible like that. OO I was frustrated, and then to top it off, my comp freaked out and would not work, thats after I had to take ubuntu off and then it did'nt let me use windows. That waS kinda a bad time for april fools to come along. Lolz.

-swivel
Quote:
Naw man, I was cool the whole time. I talked to Kerm and he and I agreed to do this to you guys

uh-huh, sure... Rolling Eyes I think it was I that came up with the idea Kerm so loved... Very Happy I also had written up a fairly decent article, explaining why they were here, but Kerm had already written one up, so I just closed notepad without saving it...

Omnimaga also played along with our joke, creating a poll for hays to stay in the community. Smile
Dan, you should have told me! I would have merged yours into my article.
You left shortly after I got on...
Oh. Sad Well, you're welcome to edit frontpage news, you know that. Smile
I know I can do that much, but I was afraid of ruining the joke...

And if Kevin would have told me what was going on with his joke, I would have had him do it to my forums as well... Had everybody there upset at a supposed h4x0r...
Dang it, I thought I had you guys. Razz Laughing . Nice joke Kerm, I think I feel more for it than anyone else Laughing . But its cool Cool oh yah, Laughing . I had no idea it was april fools, haha, I am so embarrased. lolz.
It's OK, ticalc.org got me badly with their colorscreen "v400" two years ago - did you see that?
No, got any articles? or pics somethin?
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/
Even better, here's the direct link:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articles/8/85/85069.html
School Comp wrote:

Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time.

Reason:
The Websense category "Freeware and Software Download" is filtered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

URL:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articles/8/85/85069.html

Mad

EDIT:
Quote:

Your Websense policy blocks this page at all times.

Laughing This is after I click one of THERE links!
Hahaha!

"ticalc.org wrote:
Voyage 400 Leaked
Posted by Michael on 1 April 2003, 05:57 GMT

Update: Please note that this was a joke. Please do not contact Texas Instruments or any of their resellers asking about this product - it does not exist.

TI is developing a new calculator, the Voyage 400. Leaked specifications and photos from TI have been floating around since Saturday. It appears to follow the tacky case colors of the existing calculators, but what really matters is that it has a 256-color LCD! It also features a 66 MHz ARM processor (presumably with 68k emulation?), 16 MB of flash, and an IR port with a "teacher select" to disable for testing. The scheduled release date is in August. Unfortunately I don't think there is sound, but this definitely is a nerd's dream.

Update (Henrik): New information received from an anonymous source indicates that there is no sound output, but there is a link port that could possibly emulate sound output, like we have seen on other calcs. Further, there is an emulation layer so that Flash applications compiled for the Voyage 200 will be able to run unmodified. We will disclose further information as we get it.

Update (Michael): ph33r my 31337 9R@pHIC5 5kilL5!

Update: Again, please don't contact Texas Instruments regarding this non-existing calculator.
Haha, thats funny. Thats really funny. Haha. Laughing
I'd post up the cool pic they made, too, but they have hotlinking blocked. Checkout the article when you are on a less lame computer.
Lolz, I defiantly will. Thanks Kerm, as always. I hate these comps. Thats why I wish I got a lappy instead of a Desktop. It would have been better in alot of ways to have. Instead of having to move all the hardware back an forth from my dads to my moms(and vise verse) and when traveling I wont be able to use it, and tons of other reasons. Though, the specs of my $500 desktop would have been the equivelant of a 2 or 3 thousand dollor lappy. I got a great deal on my Desktop Very Happy .

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours