UPDATE:

v1.00 is available for download

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know, it's a little boring now, but I made the PRIZM port of this game. It already works, but I need to do some stuff (saving, highscore managment, restart button...)

Anyways, here's the first screenshot. The design is exactly the same as like in the original game. Have a look:

That looks superb, balping! I'm glad someone made a Prizm port, as I know at least Merthsoft if not others were toying with the idea that the absence of a Prizm port was noticeable. Good luck finishing the remaining missing pieces, and I will definitely look forward to seeing this in the Cemetech archives soon. What's the speed like, by the way?
It is very fast, but there's no animation.
balping wrote:
I think that's fine; I'm not convinced that the animations are necessary. Out of curiosity, is SourceCoder still what people use to convert sprites for use with PrizmSDK, or is there some better tool people prefer these days?
To be honest, I created my own converter. First I convert the colors to rgb565 using my little c++ program and then I compress the data using the quicklz library. This library is very small and I could easily compile it. So now in each PRIZM addin where I use spites, they are stored compressed and at program start I decompress them.
New screenshot:

The program now autosaves the gameplay and the higscore, help page added

Not complete: settingsform, reset highscore button
Help page not needed, use the README file.
I always write both of them. Usually with the same content
Asian wrote:
Help page not needed, use the README file.
That's a bad idea. People who pass the game from calculator to calculator won't have the readme, and many calculator games spread this way. It's considered de rigeur to have at least some form of in-game help. Keep up the good work, Balping.
tifreak8x wrote:
Bit of progress today;

::I've removed the Help option from the main menu, that's what a Readme is for

Calcopoly CSE
I would recommend simply embedding the README file into the add-in. That cuts down documentation updates, plus the code for viewing the README can be made portable to other add-ins.
Asian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Bit of progress today;

Calcopoly CSE
TIFreak8x's opinion is certainly valid, but it doesn't mean that has to be imposed on everyone.
That's looking rather awesome, balping Smile I'm glad I had saved my Prizm from a possible firey death so I can try it out, at some point.
KermMartian wrote:
Asian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Bit of progress today;

Calcopoly CSE
TIFreak8x's opinion is certainly valid, but it doesn't mean that has to be imposed on everyone.

In my case, if a ticalc.org RPG, for example, lacks both a readme and screenshot (other than the title screen) or the readme lacks any info about the controls, I don't bother downloading it. I want to know immediately if I am just about to download a menu-based sister-killing RPG (if controls described in the readme only consists of navigating in menus, that pretty much gives it away) or a graphical fantasy-based one. However, in-game help is also good.
There's very little reason to not include both.
Asian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Bit of progress today;

Calcopoly CSE

I'm doing it because I expect Calcopoly to have a hefty size. As others said, because I did it, doesn't mean others have to.

Can't wait to play, balping Smile
Sorry, I didn't have time to finish, but it's ready for the first release! Settings and reset highscore option not implemented yet.

Download link
KermMartian wrote:
balping wrote:
I think that's fine; I'm not convinced that the animations are necessary.

I don't really agree with that. First of all because the gameplay is simplistic, so animations are what makes it interesting to play and to code. But most of all because Gabriele Cirulli describes himself as an UI designer (and web developer), not a game designer, which means that 2048 is an UI before being a game.
I can accept that but animations would be very slow on this device I think. Anyways, I will try when I'm at home again and I have time
Maybe animations should be optional? I honestly would prefer to have the animations (it makes it more interesting).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours