Hi, I have a quick question:
I'm writing a program for the TI-84 plus C Silver edition, and I have Doors CSE 8 installed. Is it possible to detect how much RAM/Archive space is free on the calculator?
Since you're writing a TI-BASIC, we can give you code to check the Archive/RAM from TI-BASIC using a small ASM stub. For better or worse, I did not include a Hybrid BASIC function to check the amount of RAM/Archive, although that sounds like something that I should add in the next version of Doors CSE.
Thanks! I've looked for a while for some sort of library that includes a function to check free RAM, but I haven't found one.I haven't dabbled into any assembly programming yet, I've just used TI BASIC.

P.S: Any ETA for Doors CSE 9?
Well, for the time being, unless DCSE makes a massive change in some form, it'll probably just update to 8.1, 8.2 and so on, as feature changing updates occur. And there really aren't any other libraries available for the CSE calculator yet, so any feature requests in libraries you might like to see, should be posted up here: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=217651#217651
Thanks for handling that, tifreak. Smile I do indeed tend to do minor version updates for the time being; any DCSE 9 would be something major, possibly including another page of stuff (Lua interpreter, anyone? Wink ). I want to get DCSE 8.1 out at latest by June 1st, 2014, but that is extremely dependent on my work schedule and my personal life.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours